Clicking noise

czlo

As of late, the pair of Dynaudio BM5A MKIIs that I've been using with my Axe-Fx Ultra have been making clicking noise whenever turned on. It is not the usual hum, but a weak clicking sound, similar to what you hear when you crumple plastic wrappers. It doesn't go away even on clean settings and/or zero input/output. As long as the monitors are powered on, the noise is there. The monitors and my Ultra are plugged into a Furman power conditioner, which is plugged straight into a power outlet.

So before I send the monitors to the shop, I'd like to confirm the source of this problem.
1. Could my Ultra possibly be causing this?
2. Or does the problem lie on the monitors?
3. Or perhaps the power conditioner that I'm using?

Thanks for any advice.

1. Could my Ultra possibly be causing this?
Unplug it from your monitors and see if noise is still there.

2. Or does the problem lie on the monitors?
Any chance of trying some other monitors with your AxeFx and power conditioner?

3. Or perhaps the power conditioner that I'm using?
Power up your AxeFx and monitors without conditioner and see what'll happen.

Mine use to do that when I had my electric fence plugged in....!! there may be something in your home doing this...check to see if there is any electric items that may be sending out a pulse...I can't think of any examples at the moment.

I have this in my house, in the back room when I play with phones on.
It's a low-level noise with a discernible "click" on a regular repeating pattern. When I first heard it I thought there was an issue with my Ultra. I do NOT hear it on stage - even at higher volumes - so I have attributed it to some device at home that is causing some kind of cyclic pulse to be generated.
Perhaps one of my nearby computers ?

Since it only happens at home with headphones, I ignore it now.

Back
Top Bottom