Clicking noise matching Tempo light - SEND REALTIME SYSEX

Ravdave

Inspired
Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed on Hi Gain patches (without the noise gate fully clamped off, or disabled) that if the SEND REALTIME SYSEX = ALL setting is selected then there is an audible "click" noise which corresponds with the same timing as the TAP/TEMPO light on the front display. If the SEND REALTIME SYSEX setting is set to either NONE or TUNER this does not happen.

No other connections are made to the Axe-Fx apart from guitar to front input, and connection to Output 1 either via Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones via a Y lead, or to a small Hi Fi amp and Celestion 3 bookshelf speakers. (better FRFR powered speaker solution to come later..!!)

Is this a bug/gremlin perchance or expected behaviour...??

Ravdave said:
Hi All,

Has anyone else noticed on Hi Gain patches (without the noise gate fully clamped off, or disabled) that if the SEND REALTIME SYSEX = ALL setting is selected then there is an audible "click" noise which corresponds with the same timing as the TAP/TEMPO light on the front display. If the SEND REALTIME SYSEX setting is set to either NONE or TUNER this does not happen.

No other connections are made to the Axe-Fx apart from guitar to front input, and connection to Output 1 either via Beyerdynamic DT770 headphones via a Y lead, or to a small Hi Fi amp and Celestion 3 bookshelf speakers. (better FRFR powered speaker solution to come later..!!)

Is this a bug/gremlin perchance or expected behaviour...??

If you unplug your foot controller does it go away? Unless you are using the not-yet-released Fractal foot controller you should set the SEND REALTIME SYSEX to none or tuner.

Thanks for the reply,

My Foot controller was not attached at the time I discovered the "clicking" noise, but I previously had the AxeEdit software attached to the unit via my PC a few days ago, and I think I may have changed a setting somewhwere in the AxeEdit software to display the tuner information on the PC at the time, and perhaps this set the "Send Realtime Sysex = All" at that point.

I have since set the setting to be "Tuner" to prevent the "clicking" noise, but thought I would mention my findings in case this was an unknown issue.

Cheers.....

I had this same issue today, and could not figure out why. Thanks for the post. I think based on this I know how to fix.

Thanks!

Hey, I have the same problem and followed your advice but with send systex to tuner there is still clicking. only if i turn my noise gate off does it go away... but this patch needs a noise gate!!!

HELP!

Thanks

Ultra + MFC-101 w/ 7-pol MIDI cable -> similar "issue" here!

My finding:
The MFC-101's housing seems to be "floating" (not grounded) w/ 7-pol MIDI cable. There is some kind of "radiation" matching Tempo light pulses, captured by the guitar pickups (singlecoils more / humbuckers less), amplified and clearly audible - even on lower gain sounds if I listen carefully.

If I provide grounding to the housing of the MFC this goes away - at least in my case!

Last edited:
I noticed this too the other day, I use clean / low gain.

I have a ground control pro though, not the fractal controller.

If I turn the volume knob down on my single coil Tele then it goes away.

Back
Top Bottom