Clark Kent's TEH Dollar Sound IR's

Friggin' RAD, dude! I only tried three of them (because I need to do some major cab rearrangement now), but these, hands down, from the first chug, are the most realistic IRs I've heard yet. I actually felt like I was plugged into my old TriAxis/2:90/Recto Cab rig. :encouragement: Mind: blown.

Great work CK and Irotlas. Thank you!

I am so hoping the next update provides the option to clear out all the original cabs so we have more room to play.

More mics would be awesome but we just don't have more mics and don't know people to borrow mics...yet. MD421 would be the first new mic I'd like to have in DS collection! Also r121 etc

And V30 happens to be THE speaker we like the most

But FAS is doing a new cab pack with other than V30s so people who want more speakers will get them from FAS :)

Friggin' RAD, dude! I only tried three of them (because I need to do some major cab rearrangement now), but these, hands down, from the first chug, are the most realistic IRs I've heard yet. I actually felt like I was plugged into my old TriAxis/2:90/Recto Cab rig. :encouragement: Mind: blown.

Great work CK and Irotlas. Thank you!

I am so hoping the next update provides the option to clear out all the original cabs so we have more room to play.

I felt the same thing when I first tried these...

These IRs are RAW and as real as they can be, no post processing, just sm57 shot through Rev G rectifier but without the poweramp colouring using the "new" techinique CK told few moths ago..

And V30 happens to be THE speaker we like the most

But FAS is doing a new cab pack with other than V30s so people who want more speakers will get them from FAS :)

Hahaa exactly. If other speakers had more sweet spots they would interest us more. Thanks for the requests from everyone but you should realize that this is our own tone quest that we're on. We share our work and love to do it also but our personal interests are mainly limited to V30 speakers. G12M25s and Scumbacks are other speakers that interest me but.. we just launched free IR's that IMO kill all the previous Mesa IR's out there even with just two mics. :)

I played through them a second time today.. Fixing to be a third time. Def fit perfect with all the mesa models. I'll try to make myself use another type of amp with them, but they are perfect for the mesas for sure!

The Factory 41 Redwires IR has been my go-to IR for a long while now… but your TEH Beyerdynamic M201 B1.syx has taken over! Just a couple of minor EQ tweaks to the mids, and it sounds killer. Ive been trying lots of others and these are some of the best I've heard, great job.

Very NICE guys!! Thank you both, these sound great!
At first I didn't think I needed any more Mesa IRs but after auditioning the first one.....yeah I need these. ;)

I also agree, these are your best IRs yet.
Do you guys plan on capturing any more of the Benton Cab? Sorry, had to ask. :D

Either way....thanks for all your hard work.

Haha, well we've shot that cab through about 30 times already. :D It's starting to be too much I'm afraid.

This Mesa cab is unlike any other cabs we've had at the studio. We've had one that was also a Recto cab but it was a lot harder to mic up. The bottom speakers in this thing were ridiculous. The sweetspot was so big that you could move the mic inside it and still get a good IR curve. Just to be clear the A stands for bottom left speaker and B stands for bottom right speaker... so take a look at how many good IR's we got from one speaker when all positions are close mic'ed. That's just insane. Especially when you usually find just one or two of those spots for one speaker. This cab was amazing. C and D we're the upper speakers and "okay" but not mind blowing like the bottom speakers.

EDIT: D didn't even make it to the collection. :D That would the upper left speaker.

Last edited:
Very NICE guys!! Thank you both, these sound great!
At first I didn't think I needed any more Mesa IRs but after auditioning the first one.....yeah I need these. ;)

I also agree, these are your best IRs yet.
Do you guys plan on capturing any more of the Benton Cab? Sorry, had to ask. :D

Either way....thanks for all your hard work.

Haha well after these MESA IRs I don't care about the HB cab anymore :D But usually if I'm bored and have nothing to do I might shot some new HB IRs ;)

B7 Loaded fine here (as did all the others).

Auditioned them all and narrowed it down to 5 or 6 keepers for now (I'm running out of slots and really need to go through and organize my user IR's and free up some space). Great job Clark. :)

Knowing your Petrucci past I know you'll love these. Some of the IR's were just like the Octavarium sound, some like 6DOIT. Well let's just say we've studied "the Petrucci tone" a bit too much and that's what we're looking for. ;)

Very VERY awesome. My wife is travelling in a couple of weeks. I think I'll be soldering in my new pickups (Pegasus/Sentient 7s) and doing a mammouth session of making new sounds. or... maybe just one really good one. Hopefully FW15 is out then too. Thanks for sharing :)

Back
Top Bottom