Clark Kent's Petrucci Rig for Axe-Fx II

Sounds great -Will try.

Killer job on the solo. :encouragement:

Now go make a Petrucci rig preset/IR based on his tones from either SFAM or 6DOIT (or both). :mrgreen

Easy! I have stems for Overture and the intro for About to Crash (reprise) will do for 6DOIT. Then we have Contant Motion for SC. You can get the ToT tone from Endless Sacrifice but I simply prefer the Damage Control tone like in this video. I think I had a match for all his tones back in the Ultra days.. but I was using Damage Control in the end anyways. :)

I'm also surprised no one asked about my pinky. :D You can see what I mean in the solo. When I was a kid I broke that finger by twisting it all the way to my wrist sideways. What I does for my playing is that I can reach almost 5cm further than on my right hand but it looks idiotic. However I use it for muting strings that I shouldn't be playing.. so when I'm playing that solo and it's "straight" I'm actually muting the strings that shouldn't be ringing out. Kind of why some people use head bands on their neck you know. Also... my hands are too big so my pinky would be useless anyways in most of that solo. :D

I'm also surprised no one asked about my pinky. :D You can see what I mean in the solo. When I was a kid I broke that finger by twisting it all the way to my wrist sideways. What I does for my playing is that I can reach almost 5cm further than on my right hand but it looks idiotic. However I use it for muting strings that I shouldn't be playing.. so when I'm playing that solo and it's "straight" I'm actually muting the strings that shouldn't be ringing out. Kind of why some people use head bands on their neck you know. Also... my hands are too big so my pinky would be useless anyways in most of that solo. :D
I was about to ask. It is not only your pinky, the rest of your fingers are long, thin and very flexible. Nothing like mine :) Good sound, I will try this one for sure. Thanks!

Listened to this again this morning and really dig it... I don't tend to listen to Petrucci much these days (not familiar with this tune) but this has me working up a playlist on Spotify this morning. The added sense of humor at the start cracks me up.. cheers CK.

Sounds great CK, as always! I have to test this rig/IR. I've never actually listened Petrucci. Maybe i should, it sounds great! :D

Haha.. it sounds pretty good but.. did you use the tube screamer for that? It was a lead boost and doesn't work for rhythm. :) Definitely more gain than I'd use for rhythm. :D

Ha ha! Man your ears are precise! :D
I made a very little adjustments. I took the low cut knob off from the amp block and put OD808 pedal in front to give the amp little clean boost (drive 0) and extra tightening. There is also little bit reverb, that i use in live/jamming patches, just to give some room feeling. That's something i learned from Scott Peterson in his youtube video. Great tip btw. :)

I've actually started to lower my rhythm sounds gain, but... baby steps. :D

Back
Top Bottom