Clark Kent: YouTube - OwnHammer 4x12 Comparison

Which IR did you like the most?

• Total voters
i thought either the mills or mesa 1 on the metal and the mesa 2 on the funk

they all sound great though

i got the redwirez marshall g12's a while ago and have hardly touched them - too many choices for me. i might have to look into these ownhammers of which you speak!

sim

IMO that Diezel IR isn't even near OwnHammer quality. It's not balanced at all. I'm sure you can get okay tones with it but it will be a lot harder than with OwnHammer. At least I had big problems with the low end of that cabinet. I would have to go back to cutting the low end with Global EQ.

I liked your Mesa V30 #1 clip. I bought the 412-GTR Mesa V30 #1 and 412-GTR SLM M75 cabs. I have to say that initially I thought the cabs were tubby or thin compared to my Uberkab Redwirez V30 mix but I'm making progress.

I liked your Mesa V30 #1 clip. I bought the 412-GTR Mesa V30 #1 and 412-GTR SLM M75 cabs. I have to say that initially I thought the cabs were tubby or thin compared to my Uberkab Redwirez V30 mix but I'm making progress.

Sure if you're just replacing the cab in your existing presets that will be the effect. Less bass for sure. IMO the Uberkab was too bassy and too fizzy too. I had to dial amps in a funny way with bass really low... so that's why I never really used the Uberkab for anything else but Ickology. Remember that you'll have to tweak your amps in a different way... raise that bass knob and see what happens. :) I bet you'll like the end result.

Agreed. I downloaded your patch and the cabs sounded really good so I'll start from scratch AGAIN. Damn...good thing there's a three day weekend coming up. These are sweet IR's. I really like the RW Uber mix on my Engl patch though. I have a PRS CE 24 with EMG 81/85 pickups.

IMO that Diezel IR isn't even near OwnHammer quality. It's not balanced at all. I'm sure you can get okay tones with it but it will be a lot harder than with OwnHammer. At least I had big problems with the low end of that cabinet. I would have to go back to cutting the low end with Global EQ.

that's what i do, but i am using the filter before the amp block in the patch itself.
sure, everything depends on the used guitar, gear etc. and it depends on how you dial in the osund.
actuall i just use IR's that do not sound fizzy and boomy, everything else is a matte rof eq and amp tone controls.

cheers
S.

Hard to pick one between the Mesa #1 and the Scumback... so I bought them BOTH ... LOL ! Haven't got to try them yet, but from the clips you posted and from their site, my first thought would make a mix of both...

I agree ^^^ I liked the Mesa #1 for the heavy stuff in the beginning and the Scumback best at the end. After listening to your clips, I bought all four cabs today! In person, I honestly think I like the Mills best for high gain, with the Mesa #1 coming in a very close second. All four cabs are REALLY good though! Thanks for taking the time to post these clips!! - I probably would not have looked at the OwnHammer IRs since I already have a few Redwirez cabs and actually like most of the Axe's stock cabs.

Back
Top Bottom