Clark Kent: Once again a Mesa IR recipe

ML SOUND LAB

Cab Pack Wizard
Vendor
Hi guys! I haven't been very active on this forum lately but I had a Redwirez day for a change and I really wanted to nail that commercial Mesa cab tone so here's what I got:

http://www.mediafire.com/?44s43oqsf6oba1c * It's the same riff soloed and then doubled. The amp sim is a Mark IV.

The recipe is simple, unlike before I took some distance on the mic and listened to the tone with lower volume first. I've been trusting Petrucci's close mic'ing tips and today I listened to his tone and realized I don't even like it anymore.

SM57 CapEdge 4in
421 CapEdge 4in -3dB

If you don't get what I was going for then lower the volume on your speakers and listen to how balanced it sounds even with lower volumes. I know it'll cut in a mix nicely and still give room for bass and vocals in that 1kHz area.

I will asap, yesterday I downloaded it from MixIR, but I didn't switched on my Axe
I still have problems with the Redwirez Mesa IRs though, they has never worked for me

It doesn't do it for me either, not enough lows... Did you tried GuitarHack impulses ?

I haven't tried them for a while. I seem to try new things but when I really NEED good tones I end up using the stock cabs. They just work amazingly well with everything. The Recto cabs are my faves ATM.

try them again, you'll see ;) I'll post a small pack of those I consider the best if you want

This is an interesting thread.

I have come to the same conclusion over and over again. You can't really beat the stock cabs!

I have spent ages and ages messing with other IR's, and ultimately suffering from analysis paralysis. Then I swap in one of the stock cabs and I am golden.

Back
Top Bottom