Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter, dies at 79

That's sad. She got overshadowed by Nicks and Buckingham and the bombastic personalities those two have, but added so much to that band with her voice and keys work.
Agreed. I always preferred her voice and contribution to the band.

Fleetwood Mac seemed to like being the rhythm section for others: Peter Green, Bob Welch, Buckingham and Nicks all seemed to eclipse the McVies and Mick Fleetwood.

And though they got famous for their pop songs, I have always loved John McVie and Mick Fleetwood when they’re playing the blues. The first albums were great and I like what they are doing with Mike Zito now.

That's sad. She got overshadowed by Nicks and Buckingham and the bombastic personalities those two have, but added so much to that band with her voice and keys work.
Yes. Hers was the round, classical voice that tied together the two edgy voices to give body to the vocals.

I heard this on FM Radio in the mid 2000s here in the middle of the Pacific....and it captured me right away! I had no idea who it was but sure it was Fleetwood Mac and kept memorizing the words so that when I got home I'd search like heck on the net. Could not find for months.

Luckily and finally I found it and was pleasantly surprised it wasn't Fleetwood Mac. But then to find out it was Christie McVie from FM!!!

Super tune and wonderful voice! She's an integral part of FM that's for sure and her writing skills are just WOW!! Off of her solo album.

RIP Christie 🙏🏻

Very talented lady, and was clearly the class of the band. Her voice on “Over My Head” won me over as a fan of this incarnation of FM in my teens, and was easily as identifiable as Stevie’s to this day. She was a hit machine for the band, and was an irreplaceable part of that Fab Five.

RIP Christine, your art will live on!

Back
Top Bottom