Christian Rock Heavy

Flight316

Ok guys! Dont bash me to hard! LOL! This is the first song off my (Better Get Ready album) from Flight316. Iam just an old 49 year man with no idea how to record or master, so please go easy on me. Just wanted to share what I do and what my sound is with Axe Fx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You very much Marrafat!! Thanks yek for the help!! Its really cool to be here around other musicians who for the most part dont tear each other apart but support each other! There are soooo many talented people here it blows me away at the magnitude and diversity of song writers, techs, and artists. Iam just a man who loves to play and write with the gift God has giving me! Iam as good a player as most here? I would say no! But! as you stated Its believing in what I do and doing the best I can to share what I believe with others! Thank You! Marrafat, you made my day!!

Thanks Flight316
It's funny that you can't sing a heavy metal love song, okay maybe a power ballad, but you can sing about either God or the Devil. I remember Stryper were big with Christian metal some time ago.

Hey jandjrs, I used the same patch for this album with the Axe Fx Ultra. Actually two patches. I have sold that and moved to Axe Fx 2. But the patch was called I believe:: (80,s Landau) I used the patch just as I downloaded it But! Added a touch more Drive and a touch more Bass on the first PEQ block. There are 4 PEQ blocks back to back all middle settings. ads alot of depth!! And a patch called pyromania and used it just as downloaded untouched! I tried to find it for ya, but I must have deleted it as Iam using all Axe Fx 2 patches! Iam sure someone out there has this patch! Sorry I couldnt help you more friend!
I'd love to here what your using for the heavy and the lead tones.
Nice job!

Last edited:
Dig it! Really dig it man!
Very efficient riffs. Powerful old school rock! I like the vocals too (nice melodies - e.g he leads me now @ 3:40).
Great job!

Old school rock at its best with a message!! GREAT stuff. Sent it to our P&W leader.
Thanks for posting!

BTW, were all the guitar tracks recorded with the Axe?
The "he leads me now" 's rhythm track really sounds "plain, full, rich" (don't how to qualify it in English) - like a real amp.

Last edited:
Listened to most of it. real catchy tunes. The Axe sounds great in the mix. Rockin stuff!!! It amazes me when I hear it, on how great it sounds. Give us some details Flight316, what amp are you using?

Wow!! gimik, that video is the coolest thing ever!! Thanks for sharing!!! Thanks to everyone for the kind words! Iam so humbled right now really. gimik and scottburrow, I used an Axe fx Ultra and yes the whole album was recorded with it. All guitar tracks I used a patch that I downloaded called (80,s Landau). And the other one was called (pyromania). Both were downloaded here from the forums back in 2010 i think. Anyway, (pyromania), I left just as downloaded as its a great! sounding patch. (80,s Landau) I added just a touch more drive and I added a touch more low end on the first PEQ block. Both of these were around 9.0 FW I believe. (pyromania) I did not pan left or right, left it centered. (80,s Landau) I recorded 2 different tracks and panned both one 100% left and the other 100% right. I kid you not!, I do not own a Bass guitar so I used a patch made by raca and it is a simulated bass patch. So ya,,,,I played all Bass tracks with my guitar using a patch that sounds like a bass. Cant remember the name of it but I want to say racasynth bass or something like that. I sold my Ultra to get my Axe 2 so Iam sorry I cant be more help but will try to find them and let you know? I do remember the amp used in the Landau patch was a wrecker 1 and 2 amps used in pyromania, Metal and Britt 900. Thanks again guys for the kind words God Bless!! all of you!!!

Back
Top Bottom