Chris Buono is now rocking the Axe Fx

PosterBoy

Inspired
http://www.chrisbuono.com

Recording artist and teacher (Truefire and Troy Stetina Series)

In gear geek news I’ll be manning my new rig that’s centered around the amazing Fractal Audio Axe-FX Ultra. I jumped on board a few months ago and have been in the shed ever since. After a more than 15 year hiatus, this is a return to a MIDI-based rig that I thought would never have happened. But man(!), THIS SHIT IS AMAZING! On the floor will be Fractal’s MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller and some expression pedals – and that’s IT. Not even an amp behind me – going direct to the house. LOOK OUT. Also, my beloved ‘73 “Bionic” Strat will be back out on the stage for this run. That guitar RULES.

Rocking in the Now

Rocking INDEED. Just got back from my first tour with Karsh Kale and the MIDIval Pundits where I brought out the Ultra and this new rig Fractal helped me put together. BIG thanks to Tom King and Matt Picone for stellar artist support. Oh yeah, and that guy Cliff for being a friggin genius :) Thanks to Larry Mitchell for the few chats on carting this stuff around in this situation. Finally, kudos to Gator for helping to come up with the best solution for flying the new setup. Everything made it safe and sound to each gig and I was set up in about ten minutes. That's mind boggling to me, lemme tell ya!

I didn't use an amp nor did I even request one on the tech rider. I did a TON of research, testing and reading of this forum to get in the groove (thanks to all of you very smart people that contribute on here and the Wiki!) so I knew what I was getting into. Thankfully our FOH guy we tour with is hip to direct guitar rigs and helped even further. He made sure everything was configured correctly and got Royce Hall @ UCLA to give me a pair of $4500 Meyer wedges for personal monitoring - MAN! Talk about setting the bar. My stage sound was astonishing and I hear the house was killin', too. My MFC-101 was flawless even with CPU intensive presets and lots of expression pedal tweaking.

I'm just getting started with the Axe-Fx and I'm looking forward to what's to come this year on the road and in the studio big time. Again, thanks to Fractal for taking me on and rolling out the red carpet with support. Hope to meet fellow Axe users on the road this year!

cB

Welcome Chris,

I've been a Truefire member for several years. I really like your material. Thank for the great work and you'll love the Axe-fx.

Hey Scott,

I did have a pair. Granted UCLA has the bucks to outfit their prized concert hall with them. The house monitor guy mentioned the QSC 122A's as worthy subs, but KK's FOH guy, E.L. Copeland, felt they were not road worthy. Still researching those options and considering the Atomic rig. I can tell Meyer wedges will be on the tour rider though!!!

Thanks Sean!

Very much diggin' the Axe so far and look forward to taking it further both on stage and in the studio. Now I just gotta get TF to peel for one!!

Hey Chris,

Love your work on Truefire ... great teaching style and awesome playing ... maybe once you've come up to speed on AxeFxology, you could consider putting an amp/effects course together using the Axe as a focal point ... might be interesting ... maybe even a collaboration with Fractal might be in order? ... just dreamin' ...

Chris,

I actually just discovered TrueFire and will be signing up - looking forward to learning from you!

Running two Meyer active wedges like that would be freaking outstanding. Perchance to dream.... ;) :D

Welcome, Chris.

Love your playing and your True Fire course "Funk Fission"

Keep up the smart work

Thanks guys! Glad to see many "friends of the 'Fire". Hope to be out on the road more this year with Karsh Kale and the Ultra. Would love to geek with you all backstage :)

Quark - Already shopping that idea, bro. Problem is I already have three books deals this year and something pretty massive through TrueFire launching soon. But, it is on the skillet for sure.

I'll be ready to jump into the geek here soon enough. I'm already feelin' pretty good but I'm not at my personal ninja levels just yet!

Quark - Already shopping that idea, bro. Problem is I already have three books deals this year and something pretty massive through TrueFire launching soon. But, it is on the skillet for sure.

I'll be ready to jump into the geek here soon enough. I'm already feelin' pretty good but I'm not at my personal ninja levels just yet!

Patience is one of our virtues here ... good luck with the projects ... looking forward to your new TF work ...

So I've seen. Well, the wait seems worth it around here. I, mean, c'mon - look what you get!
It's the gift that keeps on giving, especially on new firmware release days.

Welcome to the forum Chris! Nice videos lessons, I'll definitely check those out.

Back
Top Bottom