Chef's Rebell Yell

Swedish Chef

Power User
A timeless classic. There's a lot of different sounds on this song - both guitars and synths - and I wanted to see if I could replicate it all. Guitars, synth leads, synth pads, special effects etc etc are all done on the AXE-FX 2. In total I made and used 8 patches for this song. The dirty tones were done with the JCM800. The patches are below. Also, you won't be needing any controllers for any of these patches. All of them are synced to 170 bpm, where needed, and/or envelope controlled. Post processing is done on all tracks - but those are the actual patches used. I bid you much enjoyment. Also, don't forget to tell me what you think. Cheers gang! :D

Patches below...Bon Appétit! :razz

Last edited:
:-O

Very nice. Sounds excellent. All the energy is there. I've always loved the juxtaposition of the almost ADD-like guitars and Idol's almost Valium-like calm in his vocal lines. Just makes it all more better.

Anyhow, yea, this is top freakin' notch man. I enjoyed every second of that. Solo was killer. Synth sound after the solo in the break down section was wicked.

Question for you: for the recording, did you have the exact tempo for the click track or did you just kind of free form at the beginning there?

Wow ! Outstanding job!

About the only criticism I can offer is the two note synth thing in the verses seems to end a little abruptly. Perhaps add some reverb or something to let it tail out more naturally.

Amazing!! That is spot on! Totally agree with everything being said. The guitar solo was great, the synth sounds are awesome and the total song smoked!

Just as an aside, I went to high school with Steve in the mid-70s, when he was just Steve Schneider. He was hot for my sister at the time. *LOL* I was in the school band at the time and every year we would sponsor a rock concert to raise dough. I worked the lights one year when his band played - they did a very credible version of Roundabout. I was a major Yes freak at the time and the chick who was singing needed me to feed her the lyrics during the performance, as she was having problems remembering them. Ah, the good old days!

Back
Top Bottom