Check Out My Single Just Relased By The Label!!!! Metal, Death Metal, Metal

npdcoremetal

Inspired
Check out the album I wrote with a band called Wykked Wytch. If you have heard them before do not judge till you hear what I wrote. Ipek Warknock on vocals all vocals are writted and preformed by Ipek All music writtin by Nate Poulson Guitars Bass Keys preformed by Nate drums Written by Nate Played by Kevin Talley of Six Feet Under. Recorded at Lambesis Studio's (As I Lay Dying Tim Lambesis Studio) Recorded and Mixed by Daniel Castleman Mastered By Alan Douche (the black dhalia murder, Job For A Cowboy) OK so I tracked all the guitars on the Axe-FX ULTRA with a GATE-TS-808-DAS-Metal-Mesav30cab sm57 and r121-DELAY. I would happily post the patch, but It got lost and erased and I have been trying to get it back since-BUMMER. I know Daniel may have done some RE-Amping of some rythm guitars, but I know that the AXE is The bulk of my sound Also if it helps I used Ibanez rga121 with emg 81 and 85 Ibanez RGA8 with Duncan Blackouts and LTD MH-417 with EMG 81-7 And 707 CHECK IT OUT!!!!!! ALBUM UP FOR PRESALE ON AMOZON.COM AND AT GOOMBAMUSIC.COM BESTBUY.COM

Here is the URL to The song we released called "Despised Existence"
Wykked Wytch - "Despised Existence" by Goomba Music on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Just listened to it through my laptop's speakers. Sounds pretty good, but it really isn't my style of music.
Some riffs and parts of the vocals reminded me a lot of The Black Dahlia Murder, a band I really enjoy.
Kevin Talley is a beast, loved his drumming on Chimaira's self-titled.

That's a chick singing...errr, screaming?? Man, she's angry!! :)

Not really my style but I think it sounds good for what it is. Nice work.

I am no writer but thanks. Funny thing is I got a Bachloers degree had to take 4 english classes got A in them all lots of papers to write and I still can not write correctly LOL

Just listened to it through my laptop's speakers. Sounds pretty good, but it really isn't my style of music.
Some riffs and parts of the vocals reminded me a lot of The Black Dahlia Murder, a band I really enjoy.
Kevin Talley is a beast, loved his drumming on Chimaira's self-titled.

If you like those bands you will love the rest of album. I play stuff like After the Burial All shall Perish, As I lay Dying, Pantera ETC I had to sorta Stick with some of the bands older sound. It is way different but still has some aspects. The album as it goes on Gets my two cents. I LOVE BLACK DHALIA MURDER. But coping others work is kinda lame though. The track they posted was what I call main stream metal radio type stuff, but we did that for a general track I guess. The one I wanted to release is rediculous technical and striaght heavy all the way. But thats not what general public wants they want something they can jam to and not get lost in which I understand.

Agreed... your playing is great!... but, man... that sh*t is BRICKWALLED to death. To be honest, the whole 'loudness war' has made most modern recordings nearly un-listenable for me (especially in metal). It's sad, really... all this amazing playing/talent rendered into fatiguing, painful STRESS.

I barely even listen to music anymore because of this over compression/brick walling nonsense... the funny thing is (for all the analog purists), digital media has the potential for a greater dynamic range than analog methods, and yet, most modern recordings reside within the top 3db of the scale... a shame.

But again, awesome playing... just fire the mixing/mastering engineers.

Actually you probably need to listen on something other than computer speakers. the first master track was squashed but these sound really good also it is in MP3 for mat wich makes a huge difference also the first abc masters I got were gross to say the least and the guy told me that the bands he is doing now dont care they just want it loud i said na man i want to hear whats happening it does sound bad on my mac book but on my stereo it sounds sick

When I hear stuff like this, it makes me feel like an old man. I'm sitting here thinking, "you god damn kids with your tattoos and your rock and roll music. What happened to good, wholesome music from when I was a kid like Iron Maiden, Queensryche and Dio?"

It is well played, and professionally mixed/mastered, but I simply have a hard time relating to it because there is no vocal melody or intelligible lyric. I KNOW this is the style and it totally works for this style. I'm just getting old and finding it harder to relate to you young whippersnappers. :)

I DO agree with the above post about the loudness wars squashing at the mastering stage. You don't need to have good speakers to tell. You just need meters and they show when something is pegged or not. It's a tough dilemna because you want your music to sound modern and "radio ready" like the other stuff out there, but you don't want it squashed either.
My last song got more squashed than I wanted it to. It's hard to find that line where it still sounds "finished" without squashing it like a Nickelback album.

keep rockin' and might I suggest anger management to your "singer" :)

Steve

Actually you probably need to listen on something other than computer speakers. the first master track was squashed but these sound really good also it is in MP3 for mat wich makes a huge difference also the first abc masters I got were gross to say the least and the guy told me that the bands he is doing now dont care they just want it loud i said na man i want to hear whats happening it does sound bad on my mac book but on my stereo it sounds sick

I was listening to it on my monitors.

When I hear stuff like this, it makes me feel like an old man. I'm sitting here thinking, "you god damn kids with your tattoos and your rock and roll music. What happened to good, wholesome music from when I was a kid like Iron Maiden, Queensryche and Dio?"

It is well played, and professionally mixed/mastered, but I simply have a hard time relating to it because there is no vocal melody or intelligible lyric. I KNOW this is the style and it totally works for this style. I'm just getting old and finding it harder to relate to you young whippersnappers. :)

I DO agree with the above post about the loudness wars squashing at the mastering stage. You don't need to have good speakers to tell. You just need meters and they show when something is pegged or not. It's a tough dilemna because you want your music to sound modern and "radio ready" like the other stuff out there, but you don't want it squashed either.
My last song got more squashed than I wanted it to. It's hard to find that line where it still sounds "finished" without squashing it like a Nickelback album.

keep rockin' and might I suggest anger management to your "singer" :)

Steve

I grew up with this stuff too. I will tell you what happend the Internet and downloading. Bands and Labels can not make any money cause people steal music and dont buy it and in my day even though im only 29 we had tapes and instead of buying one song u got an album and listend to it in its entirety now with no labels paying out 1,000,000 dollar bonuses it becomes very hard to pay for a expensive recording and tour and things even the producers suffer. I would have loved to play 80s metal But look at Pantera for Instance Dimebag loved 80s Metal but had to keep with the times

Wow Thanks for the replys And espessially thanks to the older rockers who are honest but not bias just cause its not their thing I appreciate all your comments and hope to see some of you on tour very soon

Good stuff dude! Hahaha,Ol' Kev is getting around. He's done two projects with me hehehe. I'm a older Metal Head and I dig this stuff as well as Maiden and Slayer \m/

But, yeah it's quite squashed and we're listening on a ADAMS monitoring system here. That's just part of the volume game .. ..:lol

[rant] There are ways to give a band volume without killing off their dynamics. It just aggrivates me to no end when engineers apply the same bullshit mixing/mastering format to a good metal band as they would to a lady gaga mp3. [/rant]

Don't get me wrong, OP... I totally dig what your doing! I'm a WEE bit (ok, maybe a lot) older than you and I still write songs that I think, "oh ya... this is going to TORTURE the audience...(insert maniacal laughter)..." I basically want people to leave one of my shows in a daze, unsure of what they just witnessed. I was just commenting on modern production techniques in general.

Back
Top Bottom