Channel inc/dec on multiple blocks at one time?

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
I'd like to use a single foot switch to increment channels on both delay 1 and delay 2 without using scenes.

So tap it once, they both change to channel B. Tap again, they both switch to channel C. Etc.

Ideas?

Set them both to the same channel midi# in the midi/remiote > channel menu so both will react in unison to midi channel changes (I do this on Ax3 - assuming FM9 would work the same). That would give you a back and forth option between two values. For the incremental aspect, I'm using a middleman midi software (Bome midi translator) to determine relative midi values.

Last edited:
Set them both to the same channel midi# in the midi/remiote > channel menu so both will react in unison to midi channel changes (I do this on Ax3 - assuming FM9 would work the same). That would give you a back and forth option between two values. For the incremental aspect, I'm using a middleman midi software (Bome midi translator) to determine relative midi values.
The Midi CC for blocks/channels only works with midi. I'm pretty sure @Deadpool_25 is wanting that on the FM9 itself, which isn't possible.

The Midi CC for blocks/channels only works with midi. I'm pretty sure @Deadpool_25 is wanting that on the FM9 itself, which isn't possible.
Some of my presets I have dedicated (via per preset) switches assigned to increment thru all 4 channels when I want to dial up a particular setting for a given block, but it's done per block. I thought this was an interesting idea/question: to cycle through channels on more than one block at a time. Has this ever come up as a feature request?

Some of my presets I have dedicated (via per preset) switches assigned to increment thru all 4 channels when I want to dial up a particular setting for a given block, but it's done per block. I thought this was an interesting idea/question: to cycle through channels on more than one block at a time. Has this ever come up as a feature request?
Yes - in various forms.

See the link in the post prior to yours for one method proposed.

Very cool & interesting idea for sure. I guess it pays to be aware what's happening over at the AxeFxIII forum. I don't have one, and I can barely keep up with everything happening at FM9 forum as is. As always, thanks for the insight & ideas!

@sprint
Thanks. I hadn't even considered midi yet but that's looks to be the only solution right now.

@unix-guy
Yeah I wanted to do it with an onboard switch. Oh well.

I have a Drop on the board because I'm limited to one pitch block. Maybe I'll throw one of my smaller midi controllers on the board to make this possible.

Back
Top Bottom