Changing scenes with FCB1010?

Mizati20

Hey fellas, please let me apologize in advance if this is an extremely naive question... I recently picked up a Mark II Axe II and I'm floored with how far the firmwares have come... I haven't owned a II since they were initially released, have had a few Ultras since then just to mess around with for live use, and even though the box is the same, the unit might as well be completely different as far as I'm concerned!

Anyhow, I am experiencing some very slight latency when switching between patches on my FCB1010... I've done some searching and this seems to be normal, and have also read that the scene changing is literally instant...

My question is... is there a way to switch scenes with just my simple FCB1010 that I am using now? Like instead of buttons 1-8 on my controller switching between patches 1-8 could it just control the scenes?

I again apologize in advance if this is a simple process, and advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks fellas!

You need to have uno chip mod in order to do that I think. I have one that I bought used. I just downloaded settings from this forum and I can use scenes and looper etc.

You need to have uno chip mod in order to do that I think. I have one that I bought used. I just downloaded settings from this forum and I can use scenes and looper etc.

Is the chip something I can install myself? How do you go about using the scenes? Just like you would patches or do you have the FCB setup differently than I use it (Each number corresponds with a patch in the Axe FX)

Thanks for the reply, any other advice from anyone would be awesome... I'll research the chip...

The uno only supports 5 stomps, right? How do you access 8 scenes? I have 5 patches and 5 scenes as stomps, only problem I have is that I can't do a pc and scene change at the same time and have the right stompbox reflect the default scene for the patch :(

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Is the chip something I can install myself? How do you go about using the scenes? Just like you would patches or do you have the FCB setup differently than I use it (Each number corresponds with a patch in the Axe FX)

Thanks for the reply, any other advice from anyone would be awesome... I'll research the chip...

The uno is super easy to install! I use patches and scenes (with some issues though as mentioned in my previous post)

I'm pretty sure you *don't* need the chip mod - just set the FCB to output the correct midi cc# for changing the scene. I did it on mine and it was really easy (mine is modded but I think doing this just requires the standard functionality).

So you set (for example in FCB bank 00) footswitch 1 to output the cc to change to scene 1, footswitch 2 to output the cc to change to scene 2 etc...

*** edit *** I haven't done this for a while but on the FCB editor I'm using it seems to allow up to five program changes and two midi ccs per preset so you I don't see any reason why you couldn't set one footswitch to output the bank change for changing the preset, then the cc for switching to a particular scene within that preset. I don't think you need the stompbox functionality for this either.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you *don't* need the chip mod - just set the FCB to output the correct midi cc# for changing the scene. I did it on mine and it was really easy (mine is modded but I think doing this just requires the standard functionality).

So you set (for example in FCB bank 00) footswitch 1 to output the cc to change to scene 1, footswitch 2 to output the cc to change to scene 2 etc...

Ben with an uno for so long.... :) but I think you are right! I think you can at least assign both a pc and cc to a button in the unmodded version, so each button has the same pc but with a cc34 values 1 to 8

Ben with an uno for so long.... :) but I think you are right! I think you can at least assign both a pc and cc to a button in the unmodded version, so each button has the same pc but with a cc34 values 1 to 8

You don't *have* to send a pc either, just send the cc and it will switch scenes in whatever Axe preset you are using.

At least that is the case on mine!

I use forum member Laxu's setup, if I remember correctly.

In normal banks bottom row is presets (Bank 1, presets 1-5, Bank 2: Presets 6-10 etc.)

Upper row changes scenes. Clever thing is that it is setup in a way that, if you press one buttom one it's scene 1, then press again it's scene 2. So, four top stomps is scenes 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8. Then the 10 button is tuner/tap tempo.

In bank 0, lower row of stomps is for looper controls. That way you can loop a clean sound clip and change a scene and play a solo with lead sound over it for example.

There's also alternate version of these settings where lower row is scenes and upper row is presets, if you prefer it that way.

Last edited:
I use forum member Laxu's setup, if I remember correctly.

In normal banks bottom row is presets (Bank 1, presets 1-5, Bank 2: Presets 6-10 etc.)

Upper row changes scenes. Clever thing is that it is setup in a way that, if you press one buttom one it's scene 1, then press again it's scene 2. So, four top stomps is scenes 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8. Then the 10 button is tuner/tap tempo.

In bank 0, lower row of stomps is for looper controls. That way you can loop a clean sound clip and change a scene and play a solo with lead sound over it for example.

There's also alternate version of these settings where lower row is scenes and upper row is presets, if you prefer it that way.
Problem with that approach, IMO, is that you can never see which scene is selected on the fcb :(

You guys absolutely rock, I've been using the FCB in it's most basic setup and haven't delved very deep into it's programming, but it's nice to know I can achieve exactly what I want... thanks guys... got one more question, but I'm going to make a separate thread...

The Eureka is configured out of the box and has videos that show exactly how it works. It has everything I would need although I didn't see a tap tempo function. I'm sure changing the chip is a piece of cake.

Back
Top Bottom