Changing Banks with Rocktron All Access - heres how

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
So - From Rocktron (very quick reply) heres how to do it.

Press 2nd
Press #4 (control)
press #7 (inc) 4 times - C CH is displayed (for Control Change)
Press #9 to page over

This then displays CH1 (Midi Channel 1), N0 (for control Number 0 - leave this as 0) and V0 (value=0) - so bank A on the Axe

Use #7 to increment V to whatever bank you need. (v=1 for Bank B, v=2 for bank C)

hit 2nd to exit.

Thats it done. The all access no always addresses bank you have selected unless you tell it otherwise.!!

It can be programmed into a patch change or on an IA switch.

Personally I have programmed V=2 as part of Patch 1. When I turn the system on, I hit patch 1 and everything is now addressing Bank C on the Axe. If you needed various banks, just program the control change while the preset you want is selected e.g. If you want patch 3 to be patch 3 in Bank B, Select Patch 3 on teh All Access then follow the process, making V=1. Whenever you press 3 it will address Bank B. HOWEVER it will always address Bank B until told otherwise. If you use all banks, you need to program the Control Change in EVERY Patch (not hard though). If like me you just want to access Bank C (as its unpopulated in teh Standard) then it only needs doing once.

Very Easy - and it works. Again though, why arnt the Manuals clear on these things?

I now have my user Bank Midi Switchable, without disturbing the Presets. :D

Very nice !!
I wonder how Fractal's controller will address Banks ?
Has anyone heard if Jan is still the release month ?

Thanks, very nice of you!

This is, however, the approach I used. However, it doesn't work for me. If I program switch 1 to be bank A and preset1, and switch 2 to be bank B and preset 150, when I step on switch 2, it works. It goes to 150. However, when I step on switch 1 again, it goes to preset 149. Even though I program switch 1 to be bank A. I asked Rocktron about this, and the reply was ridiculous. He said something to the effect of "well, most often you stay in the same bank all the time, don't you?" He did not offer any kind of solution to this. I like the All Access. Just can't get this one function to work properly.

Dont know how thats possible. Bank A preset 1 is 1 - obviously. Bank B Preset 1 is 128. Switch 2 Bank B would be 129. As its set for preset 150 Presumably your using some sort of midi mapping,? 150 would be bank B 23.

If you set switch 1 up for Bank A, and switch 2 up for Bank B - you should get preset 1 and 129 respectivly.

Just tried it and it works for me.

I set up Sw1 for Bank A , Sw 2 for Bank B and Sw 3 for Bank C. When I toggle teh switches I get preset 1, 129 and 257 respectivly. when I hit #2 again it goes back to 129, and #1 goes back to 1.

Cant help you any more - as far as i can see its either middi mapping messing it up, or you havent saved the Course Message Control to the Switches properly. Cant see any other reason for it not working.

OK - sussed it.

I played around again and found I had the same problem. It appears that you have to press the button twice. The first button press sends the Program change, the second the Control Change.

In your case, switch 1 set to 150 fine, switch 2 to 1. When you press #1 it sends the program change first - i.e. down 1 (cos #1 is down 1 from #2) so goes to patch 149. If you press the button again, it will send the Cont Change and go to preset 1 (assuming 150 is mapped to button 2).

This is a bit of a pain really as you'd have to remember which preset was which.

If all you presets are in the same bank - no problem. Set them all to V=2 for instance and the first change is to bank 2 where it stays. Each button only has program changes to send. if you want to change banks though youd need 2 button presses every time you changed banks.

Im gonna ask Rocktron if its possible to program both program changes and controler changes into 1 Midi stream which would solve the problem.

Failing that, youd have to assign 3 IA switches to bank changes. One for each bank, with no program change info attached just the Cont change. I dont want to do this - havent got spare IA switches. For me, no problem though. I want to use the All Access for MY patches which will be in bank C. Just didnt want to loose the presets. I know I could dump them to my PC, but why? I wont use 128 patches and can directly access them.

Ill get back to you on the Midi Streem thing.

Great, thanks for quick reply.

However, I don't think I made myself as clear as I should.
I didn't mean I physically set the All Access to send PC 150, I just meant I set that switch to change the AxeFx to its preset 150 (bank B, program 23 I guess). You see what I mean? That was just an example anyway. The point was that when it jumps to another bank, it wont necessarily change back in a good way. You're probably right about having to step twice, but thats not how one of the worlds leading midicontrollers should be. And I'm guessing someone MUST have complained about this before. Don't even know if there is an easy way to upgrade All Access firmware, if there are any updates at all. Haven't found any.

Back
Top Bottom