Changes to the Two Stone Model in Firmware 6.00?

Seven2Eleven

Inspired
Hi everyone,

My main preset has been based around the Two Stone amp model, set for a clean tone based loosely on @Jon Kaneshiro's settings. I just updated to the firmware 6.00 beta and the two stone amp model is now way more gained up than before. This is the current preset: 1706748982859.png

No drive pedals are on and those amp settings on the previous firmware were extremely clean. There's a considerable amount of gain now.
I played around with it and it's almost as iff the gain and overdrive knobs have been swapped. I know the release notes for FW 6.00 say that several things have been fixed in the Two Stone Models. Curious as to what those changes are exactly and hopefully what I'm experiencing isn't a bug.

Attachments

• Main 4.fasBundle
    12.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Main 4.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
Hi everyone,

My main preset has been based around the Two Stone amp model, set for a clean tone based loosely on @Jon Kaneshiro's settings. I just updated to the firmware 6.00 beta and the two stone amp model is now way more gained up than before. This is the current preset: View attachment 134205

No drive pedals are on and those amp settings on the previous firmware were extremely clean. There's a considerable amount of gain now.
I played around with it and it's almost as iff the gain and overdrive knobs have been swapped. I know the release notes for FW 6.00 say that several things have been fixed in the Two Stone Models. Curious as to what those changes are exactly and hopefully what I'm experiencing isn't a bug.
Thanks for tagging me in this! I was kind of worried about this honestly. Another reason why I’m preferring the Tone Match I made of my Two Rock Traditional Clean. I’m considering using that as the base for all my presets now until Fractal has a clean platform Two Rock amp model.

Thanks for tagging me in this! I was kind of worried about this honestly. Another reason why I’m preferring the Tone Match I made of my Two Rock Traditional Clean. I’m considering using that as the base for all my presets now until Fractal has a clean platform Two Rock amp model.
@Jon Kaneshiro is that tone match publicly available?

For what it's worth, I managed to get it clean again by bringing the gain knob down to around 1-2 and the overdrive knob to around 3-4. There also seemed to be a little more pop and liveliness with these settings in the new firmware. So that's definitely a good thing. I still would like to know what the exact changes that were made in the new firmware are though.

Yeahhhh, so I’m reverting back to 5.01 firmware. The two rock sounds like doody now. I need to email my website subscribers to tell them not to update. Lol

It’s gotta be a mistake. The Two Stone sounds fine on Axe III FW 24.05

@FractalAudio anything on this?
It feels like the parameters (gain and overdrive) were switched around. I use the Two Stone for a ton of my presets. All the cleans sound very overdriven. Hopefully it gets fixed! I reverted back to 5.01. A shame because the new flux drive sounds amazing!

It feels like the parameters (gain and overdrive) were switched around. I use the Two Stone for a ton of my presets. All the cleans sound very overdriven. Hopefully it gets fixed! I reverted back to 5.01. A shame because the new flux drive sounds amazing!
Yeah that’s exactly my experience. It wasn’t hard to dial in a clean tone back in and like I said before, it definitely felt a little more lively.

Can someone confirm if the preset I posted sounds pretty gained upon the AxeFx-III? It should be extremely clean with low-medium output pickups.

I will try to test today.

I'll load up 24.05 on my Axe Fx III and the latest FM9 private beta and compare. If there's an obvious difference I'll report it to the beta team.

I have to say, I haven't used the model for a while but I did try it out the other night on FW 6.00 beta and I didn't have success in getting a clean-ish sound.

I will try to test today.

I'll load up 24.05 on my Axe Fx III and the latest FM9 private beta and compare. If there's an obvious difference I'll report it to the beta team.

I have to say, I haven't used the model for a while but I did try it out the other night on FW 6.00 beta and I didn't have success in getting a clean-ish sound.
thank you! Super helpful!

Hello everyone

I can confirm that my j35 preset sounds much cleaner with version 5.01 than with beta 6.

In beta 6 the sound is really crunchy

I enclose Two audio files before and after only the update, no change of setting

It will be fixed on the next FM9 release.
My JP2C green patch had to be brought down to -33 Db ...it was around -18 Db before ( in 5.01)....even when I re-loaded the amp and did some other tweaks I ended up at -29 DB...I think I brought the MV down a bit as well to get it to that #.

My JP2C green patch had to be brought down to -33 Db ...it was around -18 Db before ( in 5.01)....even when I re-loaded the amp and did some other tweaks I ended up at -29 DB...I think I brought the MV down a bit as well to get it to that #.
Read the release notes... There were changes / fixes:

• Improved/Updated the following amp models
    • Brit Silver
    • Fryette D60 models
    • Citrus RV50
    • CA3+ Rhythm/Lead models
    • Friedman BE/HBE models.
    • Recto1 and Recto2 models.
    • USA JP IIC+

FIXES​

• Fixed LFO2 not working in Chorus block.
  • Fixed wrong Distortion pot taper in DS1 Distortion models.
  • Fixed wrong Gain pot taper in Angle Severe models.
  • Fixed wrong output pad in USA JP IIC+ Green model.
Most likely the last part...

Back
Top Bottom