Change scene with the expression pedal

Timo

Inspired
My brain is on vacation!

Is it possible to change scene in the ax8 with an expression pedal?
- it would be super nice to change it when the pedal is in the bottom.
- and change back again when going back with the pedal.
Remoting with the S1/2 scene toggle swith could be enough for now :)

/T

So, how can i do It in the AX8?
- Teach me, you great master of mystical tools,
and my unconditional gratefulness will walk by your side!

Talking of practical, while engaging the wah and playing guitar and singing at the same time - the sustain pedal option is unfortunately not usable.

In the I/O menu under cntrl, you set the scene select to the pedal you have your expression connected to. I do not know if you will be able to use it as wahwah after this though, as it will change scenes as you use the wah.

I'm not clear on what you want to do. The best you could get is to do a hard switch between scenes, somewhere in the middle of the pedal's sweep. How would this be easier than stomping a switch?

In the I/O menu under cntrl, you set the scene select to the pedal you have your expression connected to. I do not know if you will be able to use it as wahwah after this though, as it will change scenes as you use the wah.
Thank you for the input - but is this not a way of changing the controller parameter between scenes? In that case the pedal will not change the scene - but only the function after scene change? Or do I miss something?

Thank you for the input - but is this not a way of changing the controller parameter between scenes? In that case the pedal will not change the scene - but only the function after scene change? Or do I miss something?
No.

I'm not clear on what you want to do. The best you could get is to do a hard switch between scenes, somewhere in the middle of the pedal's sweep. How would this be easier than stomping a switch?
I'd like to activate a new Scene when activating the Controller pedal AND when the scene changes the wah is activated - so that I can send midi information to other equipment with the change of the scene. Is that doable with a "hard switch" = where do I find the parameter to change so that I can change the scene?

I'd like to activate a new Scene when activating the Controller pedal AND when the scene changes the wah is activated - so that I can send midi information to other equipment with the change of the scene. Is that doable with a "hard switch" = where do I find the parameter to change so that I can change the scene?
It sounds like you want to do three things when you stomp the controller:

1. Go to a different scene;
2. Activate the wah;
3. Send MIDI to another device.

You can set up a footswitch to select a scene.

You can set up the scene to turn on the wah by itself.

You can set up a scene to end a MIDI PC message whenever that scene is selected.

That's all three things, with one stomp of a footswitch.

It sounds like you want to do three things when you stomp the controller:

1. Go to a different scene;
2. Activate the wah;
3. Send MIDI to another device.

You can set up a footswitch to select a scene.

You can set up the scene to turn on the wah by itself.

You can set up a scene to end a MIDI PC message whenever that scene is selected.

That's all three things, with one stomp of a footswitch.

Yes, that is true. But I will have my foot on the footswitch rather than upon the wah, will I not?
- that is the problem, unless i use a autowah?

Should be in the User Manual. CC#34, values 0-7
So I can send continuous controller info within the AX8 - I was under the impression that was not implemented - that you would need an external source for the CC. That's actually very cool indeed! Where do I find this menu in AX-Edit - under controllers?
Sorry for being so slow!

I do not think you will be able to send midi info inside the AX-8. you can set things in the AX-8 to be controlled by a pedal or what ever is in the pedal port. if you used a external midi controller many things are possible. have you thought any about an expression pedal with a toe switch( like the mission sp-1)?. this would give you a stomp switch and wah control with out lifting your foot of the pedal. I have one and use it for many things.

I have a BOSS FS-6 and trying to use it to toggle between Scene 1 and 2 but can't figure how to program this for Pedal 3. Anyone done this? My Pedal 1 is volume, Pedal 2 is wah and i want pedal 3 for Scene 1/2. Thanks in advance...

I have a BOSS FS-6 and trying to use it to toggle between Scene 1 and 2 but can't figure how to program this for Pedal 3. Anyone done this? My Pedal 1 is volume, Pedal 2 is wah and i want pedal 3 for Scene 1/2. Thanks in advance...
for Pedal ports, you need to go to the CTRL menu in the I/O settings page. you can only set what's listed there to Pedal. i can't remember if S1/2 is in that list, and if it's not, then you can't with the on-board pedal port.

I do not think you will be able to send midi info inside the AX-8. you can set things in the AX-8 to be controlled by a pedal or what ever is in the pedal port. if you used a external midi controller many things are possible. have you thought any about an expression pedal with a toe switch( like the mission sp-1)?. this would give you a stomp switch and wah control with out lifting your foot of the pedal. I have one and use it for many things.

Yes! This I see as a solution that is doable! I was considering this but did not remember the name of the pedal - is the Mission sp-1 the only pedal with this option - or just the best?
Do I connect the toe switch to another pedal input?

Great! Now I have to buy new stuff ..
Gaaaaaaaas :)

The mission SP-1 is the only one I know of, but there may be others. Making any expression pedal have a foot switch is not real hard. there are some here on the forum that have put toe switches in the Fractal EV-1. I have put a heel switch in a mission pedal.

Yes the switch will have to connect to another switch port.

I was able to figure out the setup. Does anyone know why I have to press the pedal twice in order for it to change scenes? I thought could just press it once and it will increase or decrease.

Back
Top Bottom