Change in patches upon update

Philip34

Experienced
I'm still on FW 8, and its awesome, so I'm hesitant to go to FW 9. How much will my patches need tweaking if I go to FW 9?
- [note: only adv amp parameters I changed was incr trim on Boogie amps]

Obviously I can't speak for your patches as I have no idea what you use but for what it's worth all of mine, and I mean ALL of mine felt the benefit from going to FW 9. I did reset the amp blocks with this FW, but yeah, improved tone across the board.

Agree with both statements above. My hesitations about updates have disappeared. After 6.0 I upd with all confidence......

I hardly tweak anything after firmware upgrades. I think I stopped somewhere around firmware 8 or 9 with the Ultra. With the II, I don't even worry about it. Plug in, "Does it still sound great?" "yep". /off to gig

very little to none here. Although I have started to switch to the jubilee in some of my presets becasue it sounds so good :)

Thanks, guys. To answer the above question, as good as all the models are, I find myself sticking to the classics: AC30, Plexi Treble, Mark I & II, Blues Jr, & then FAS Modern for horse play.

Back
Top Bottom