Challenge: Van halen isolated track

Thats cool, I can hear stuff I never heard before in the effects. The chorus sounds weird like it has some sort of detune or lower octave in it.

will give it a shot tonight... last night dialed in a pretty good slash AFD100 sound using the plexi treble.

I think this challenge would be alot easier if somebody uploaded a dry track, cause there's no way I can play like that. :)

hey add a petrucci, contest too, then everyone can work for me, and give me a patch under the guise of a contest ;)

Not quite, the low end is not as tight as in the track I posted.

Next contestant please! :)

Plus, I did that tone with 2.0c, so it wouldn't qualify. ;)

Since I didn't officially enter the contest with my 2.0c preset, do I still get to try with a tweaked 3.0x version? And what is the prize for coming the closest?

hey add a petrucci, contest too, then everyone can work for me, and give me a patch under the guise of a contest ;)

I've done stuff like this on my time and given patches and IR before when asked for help.
I hosted the Axe-Fx WIKI, populated it along with Javajunkie and many other great contributors (yek), wrote software to convert and load IRs...In other words, I've given a lot of my time for free without asking for nothing in return. So no, it's not about "everyone can work for me". I'm not even asking for a patch anyway...Just a fun match this contest.
So fuck off...

Last edited:
Plus, I did that tone with 2.0c, so it wouldn't qualify. ;)

Since I didn't officially enter the contest with my 2.0c preset, do I still get to try with a tweaked 3.0x version? And what is the prize for coming the closest?

Yours is close, just needs a tighter low end.
The prize is praise from fellow forumites :)

Yours is close, just needs a tighter low end.
The prize is praise from fellow forumites :)

I agree with you about my preset needing tighter low end. Not to mention the flanger fixes and the reverb fixes. Ooops. :eek:ops

And fellow forumite praise is definitely worth it! I'm in! :mrgreen

So, are you looking for a recorded tone, and a preset to go with it? Just want to be sure I'm doin' it right. :)

I agree with you about my preset needing tighter low end. Not to mention the flanger fixes and the reverb fixes. Ooops. :eek:ops

And fellow forumite praise is definitely worth it! I'm in! :mrgreen

So, are you looking for a recorded tone, and a preset to go with it? Just want to be sure I'm doin' it right. :)

:) I would like to see how close people get to that tone. A preset is not necessary, just a recorded tone :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom