celebrities and their Maiden shirts

70% of this list is women. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that they're wearing Maiden shirts because they (or more likely their stylist) thought it would project an image of badassery. (Look at me! I'm an IRON MAIDEN!! Don't F with me!!...No, you're just a crazy bitch who needs therapy. But I digress...) I'd further guess that almost none of them could name you three Iron Maiden songs. And that's being generous. With the possible exception of Lady Gaga. Apparently, she's a genuine fan. Not a fan of her stuff, but at least she's not wearing those shirts as a fashion statement. Extremely weird seeing Juicy J and DJ Mustard wearing Maiden shirts. I doubt they know any Maiden music either. Just bizarre.

is it wrong to say now, "Up the irons?"
iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg

Here in Barcelona (Spain) the trend last year was Ramones shirts, now in 2015 there's Guns&Roses shirts everywhere and I see what may happen in the next future...Napalm Death fashion victims?

Here in Barcelona (Spain) the trend last year was Ramones shirts, now in 2015 there's Guns&Roses shirts everywhere and I see what may happen in the next future...Napalm Death fashion victims?
Wait a second. That can't be right. Ramones shirts always had that hipster cred going on. Guns&Roses on the other hand are... Guns&Roses? I'm afraid to ask, but what statement would that even make?

My limited english, the google traductor and my poor neurones don't allow me to fully understand your question.
Ramones and G&R are big classics and true fans had their shirts for decades, but in the last times I see a proliferation that is not normal, there's people wearing this shirts that don't listen this music, not only hipsters: hip-hopers, tecno-disco-house boys, flamenco-rumba listeners...they're buying the shirt because look cool, big hype here.
I have big respect for this bands, the BEST live show in my entire life was a Ramones gig in Zeleste (now is called Razzmatazz), the crow was absolutely crazy, big party.

Hope that my explanation have some sense jajaja!

I always thought Lady Gaga was kinda' repulsive. Physically I mean. I never really gave a shit about her music (and still don't).

But since watching her on American Horror Story, I gotta' say, DAYUM Dat AZZZZZ!

Say what you want about Gaga but that freak has an INCREDIBLE singing voice. Way, WAY beyond what is required for pop stardom.

Say what you want about Gaga but that freak has an INCREDIBLE singing voice. Way, WAY beyond what is required for pop stardom.
Also, she actually has a musical education and did write some pretty decent music before she got Gaga. It's one of the less embarrassing stories of pop-biz.

Back
Top Bottom