CCs for the Axe II

Radley

Experienced
Haven't been able to connect with Matt yet, so here's a question: How do I set my CC#7 pedal to control volume levels in the AFX from the MFC 101 in *this particular fashion*?

The level control must happen somewhere after the Amp block, but before the Stereo Effects. It must always reflect the current value of the pedal, even when changing patches (on Boss GTs this 'carry-over' was called Assign Hold). Also, are all CC parameters in the AFX assignable to any CC number like the GTs?

All CCs are listed here:
MIDI CCs list - Axe-Fx II Wiki.
These start at 10.

You can use a Vol block after the Amp block.
Assign the Vol parameter in that block to an External Controller (1 to 12).
The CC for each external controller is listed in the list mentioned above.

On the MFC:
set the pedal to the same CC as the external controller (Edit > MIDI > XP1).
You can configure the pedal to be polled after each preset switch (Edit > MIDI > XP1: "BegPDL").

So the AFX's 12 external controllers would roughly equate to the 8 controller assigns on the GT, and can maintain/carry over the current value of the pedal position - I'm diggin' it! :)

Last edited:
Yup, the pedal position is retained (if you wish to).

There are 12 ext. controllers.
Plus internal controllers (envelope etc.).
Each controller can be attached to multiple effect parameters.
Makes it very efficient to use one pedal/switch/int.controller for multiple purposes.
Although volume is best done with a dedicated pedal, IMHO.

Thanks! I will be connecting with Matt today, so many remaining questions should be eliminated by tonight. Up to this point, I have mainly used my AFXs in my studio, without a foot controller or Axe Edit - that's why I'm presently in the middle of this 'multifaceted learning curve'..... Ahh, but it will be worth it! 8)

Thanks! I will be connecting with Matt today, so many remaining questions should be eliminated by tonight. Up to this point, I have mainly used my AFXs in my studio, without a foot controller or Axe Edit - that's why I'm presently in the middle of this 'multifaceted learning curve'..... Ahh, but it will be worth it! 8)

I have gotten to a point where the controllers (both the MFC and expression pedals) and the II are all one rig for me; I don't like using the II without the 'control' because it's all a complete system in my world. I post that to post this: yes, it will indeed be worth it!!

Back
Top Bottom