Option Perfere

• CC for Previous Patch Toggle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50 Patch Chains and Patch Chain mode vs Preset Mode

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

favance

Power User
I great feature for live perfomance would be to a CC that can be assigned to the Midi Controller that would allow switching between 2 Patches. This would simulate a 2-channel amp footswitch.

Alternatively, some way to "Chain Patches" (2-4), so that as you pressed a CC the patches would be rotated in the order setup. For example, a Patch Chain would allow you to Set Patches 151, 10, and 88 as the 1st, 2nd & 3rd patch in the Chain. Pressing a CC to control the Chain Switching would rotate in order and when the last pressed, return to the first patch in the chain. I know this would probably require a "Chain Patch Mode" versus the current "Preset Patch Mode". However, this would be extremely useful for me when performing live.

If the Chain mode is more difficult to implement, then at least can we get a "CC" that would toggle between the current and previous patch.

thanks!

Can't you already do this so long as the patches are next to each other? I don't have my axe in front of me, but in the I/O or Control menu's I'm pretty sure you can set a CC number for incrementing and decrementing the patch number and setting a start and end patch for the cycle.

philclcc said:
Can't you already do this so long as the patches are next to each other? I don't have my axe in front of me, but in the I/O or Control menu's I'm pretty sure you can set a CC number for incrementing and decrementing the patch number and setting a start and end patch for the cycle.

Not the same...So, let's say I have 10 different songs using similar (but not all the same patches). So, using the method you're advocating, I have to duplicate several different patches on the banks. This tends to get messy when you go to 45-50 tunes per bar gig... You would then have quite a few duplicate patches in the Axe-Fx Banks. That's currently the only way you can accomplish this.

With the Patch Chains, you could easily create new, different patches, and then when you need them in "Song" or "Amp Channel" mode, simply create a new Chain, pointing at the patches that will make this up. Many Keyboard Synths use this technique to organize patches for song mode.

The Gordius MIDI controller lets you do this.
You can assign the command "Goto previously active patch" to a switch. The Gordius always remembers the former patch and lets you re-enable it. "Previously active patch" is a patch created on the footcontroller. It can be the same as an Axe-Fx patch, but it's not limited to that.

Also, organizing the patches is more a task for the MIDI controller than it is for the Axe itself IMHO. A good MIDI-controller (Gordius, Axess, Rocktron, Liquid etc.) lets you easily order presets per song. No duplicating necessary on the Axe itself.

yek said:
You can assign the command "Goto previously active patch" to a switch. The Gordius always remembers the former patch and lets you re-enable it. "Previously active patch" is a patch created on the footcontroller. It can be the same as an Axe-Fx patch, but it's not limited to that.

Also, organizing the patches is more a task for the MIDI controller than it is for the Axe itself IMHO. A good MIDI-controller (Gordius, Axess, Rocktron, Liquid etc.) lets you easily order presets per song. No duplicating necessary on the Axe itself.

Ok...so maybe the mysterious MFC-101 will enable this, when it appears! Cool... I hope FAS implements this feature, one way or another.

yek said:

All this can be dome from the Liquid Foot as well (not sure about the previous patch but you can have a global one). This functionality really should be on the foot controller

Back
Top Bottom