Wish CC Boost Added To Drive Block

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
Not sure what the CC Boost in the Amp Block is based on; I’m assuming it’s an original circuit design, but lately I’ve found myself using it exclusively and would love to have it in the Drive Block for use with an amp in a 4CM configuration.

Apologies if there is already a comparable model available or if this has already been requested, as I was unable to find one in the Wish List threads.

Thanks!

Not sure what the CC Boost in the Amp Block is based on; I’m assuming it’s an original circuit design, but lately I’ve found myself using it exclusively and would love to have it in the Drive Block for use with an amp in a 4CM configuration.

Apologies if there is already a comparable model available or if this has already been requested, as I was unable to find one in the Wish List threads.

Thanks!

+1

Thanks!
That's the Cliff Chase (CC) boost.

The Amp block boosts are ultimately EQ only.

Maybe you could try using it with the Tube Pre and ToneMatch?

That's the Cliff Chase (CC) boost.

The Amp block boosts are ultimately EQ only.

Maybe you could try using it with the Tube Pre and ToneMatch?
So it’s like a GE-7 with pre baked eq? Does it acts at the input or between preamp and power amp?

So it’s like a GE-7 with pre baked eq? Does it acts at the input or between preamp and power amp?
The Blocks Guide provides all the answers...

Input Boost, Boost Type, Boost Level – The acts as a “clean boost,” replicating the common technique of driving an amp harder by using a drive pedal with the “Drive” knob at 0 and the “Level” turned up. To use the boost, turn the switch on, choose the boost type (types are based on real pedals, each with its own EQ/color) and set the Boost Level as desired. The Boost switch can be operated with a Modifier. These controls provide a way to give an amp model more gain without the CPU overhead of adding a drive block.

Maybe Cliff could share the CC EQ curve and then you (or anyone) could make filter to match it.

(Unless proprietary special sauce.)

I measured it a while ago by running pink noise through the tube pre (gain and master very low) and comparing the frequency response in Pro-Q3. It's pretty close but not identical. You can use it as a starting point and tweak the 2khz band Q to taste until/if Cliff reveals the secret herbs and spices.

Block is attached here.

Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 8.36.13 pm.png

Attachments

• CC_20240407_203621.blk
    480 bytes · Views: 4
I measured it a while ago by running pink noise through the tube pre (gain and master very low) and comparing the frequency response in Pro-Q3. It's pretty close but not identical. You can use it as a starting point and tweak the 2khz band Q to taste until/if Cliff reveals the secret herbs and spices.

Block is attached here.

View attachment 138243
Thank you kind sir!

Maybe I'm asleep, or ought to be (which is true), but isn't this circular? The input boosts are EQ-only versions of some drive block types, yes? So now folks are wishing for drive block versions of those input boosts? That are based on drive blocks? What?

Back
Top Bottom