Case, stand or hang?

Bought a few nice floor racks but wife thought it looked too much like a recording studio or side stage so got the okay to hang a bunch on the walls, which originally she was against lol

Few in cases, few leaning in a corner, but I guess majority will be on the wall.

Being Florida, we don’t have to worry about humidity getting too low ever….

Some of the answer to this depends on what type of environment you live in. The house I live in is completely open, with the bathrooms and closets being the only real doors in the house. The bedroom has a pocket door. Due to this open architecture, when I'm cooking, stuff is floating through the air that could get on the guitars if they were hanging on walls or sitting on stands, even if in other rooms. Same applies to other airborne particles. If you have a room devoted to your equipment, then this is obviously not a problem or at least significantly reduced. Another factor already discussed here is humidification. I have been using the Boveda packs for about 6 years now and really like them. As mentioned, they are bi-directional meaning when humidity is low, they add moisture to your case, when humidity is high, they absorb moisture. Another factor is light conditions. If you have direct sunlight in your space, that can wreak havoc on just about anything, so be careful of that. Any excessive light exposure can cause problems, especially for organic dyed woods. I keep all mine in cases and I wish I had a space where I did not have to, but current conditions are what they are!

Hang. If they were in their cases, they might as well be at someone else's house....
Precisely.

So did the Gibsons get ostracized from the rest of the brands for misbehaving or b/c the think they’re superior? And that rose Cutlass looks sort of stashed away and lonely — if you’re not using it I’m currently without an S style…

Precisely.

So did the Gibsons get ostracized from the rest of the brands for misbehaving or b/c the think they’re superior? And that rose Cutlass looks sort of stashed away and lonely — if you’re not using it I’m currently without an S style…
Overflow housing. I have one more 4' section of rail, but nowhere to put it until I sell a couple amps....

I keep my guitars hanging on a wall. The are high enough but not too high.
Warm air inside house raising up so it's better hang guitars not so near ceiling but lower and enough from dogs etc.
Winter time especially air inside house is dryer.
Naturally I use humidifier during winter time.
When guitars are on the wall it saves more space.

All three here. A couple of hangers and stands in the front living room where I practice and store my gear between shows, with whatever guitar(s) I happen to be using at the time. Also, one hanger in the spare bedroom where my guitar workbench is, and where all the other guitars are stored in cases.

Mostly hanging, I enjoy being able to see them and grabbing whatever in the mood for

View attachment 123934

View attachment 123935
Who makes that stand that holds the parkers? I'd rather my guitars be supported by the bottom.

Per my luthier (who is the best I've ever seen), if you hang guitars with Nitro finishes for too long (through temp and humidity swings), you will get a wrinkle in the clear coat. In fact, I bought an old LPC once that had that 'wrinkle' where the hang points were.

There are varying opinions on this - so do what's best for you.

Who makes that stand that holds the parkers? I'd rather my guitars be supported by the bottom.

Per my luthier (who is the best I've ever seen), if you hang guitars with Nitro finishes for too long (through temp and humidity swings), you will get a wrinkle in the clear coat. In fact, I bought an old LPC once that had that 'wrinkle' where the hang points were.

There are varying opinions on this - so do what's best for you.
I got these from String Swing, it's BCC20

• Love
Reactions: BBN
Hanging, and in a rack on the floor. There are a couple in cases that I don't play. My Suhr, and PRS are in gig bags because they always go to gigs.

IMG_2141.JPGIMG_2142.JPG

Back
Top Bottom