murdocman12

Hi all, does anyone have the Carvin VLD1 drive and use it on the ax8 using the FXloop block and use it as the amp and cab sim?

If so, how did you do it?

Thanks4103E66D-C346-420A-87FC-F87E096B60AD.jpeg

So you will not use any amp or cab from the AX8? Only effects?
Yes sir, my plan is like this:
016FF84C-78AE-4E6E-9F2C-77AE62D4B972.jpeg

The Carvin Legacy VLD1 will be the amp and cab (that is why is used the “cab voiced output” instead of the normal output at the back of carvin).

Is it a straight forward connection? or is there something i need to know or set in the ax8 in order not to damage anything on both units?

The AX8 Legato 100 ("amp model based on a certain famous Carvin Legacy 100") does not give you the sound/tone you want?

Although I do not have a Carvin Legacy pedal I don't think you can damage anything since you are just feeding a sound signal.

The setup/path looks ok but maybe another forum member will have better info.

You might be able to get some information from this video by @2112

Last edited:
The AX8 Legato 100 ("amp model based on a certain famous Carvin Legacy 100") does not give you the sound/tone you want?

Although I do not have a Carvin Legacy pedal I don't think you can damage anything since you are just feeding a sound signal.

The setup/path looks ok but maybe another forum member will have better info.

You might be able to get some information from this video by @2112

I tried and tried years ago but it don’t sound like the carvin vld1 that i have. I will try it out tonight. I just like a drive like leon todd did on that tutorial.

Thanks for the info..

Back
Top Bottom