Carrying case?

So I have one of those that I used for my Control 2. I stuck the AX8 in it yesterday, and I found that closing it does put a bit of pressure on the kick bar. Did you find the same? Does that bother you? Just wondering if it's really protected that way.

RR

Hey, just saw your comment :)
The very light pressure does not bother me at all. There is that foam between the handle (aka the kick bar) and the body of the case. The foam helps keeping the AX8 in place, which I consider a good thing. You can try removing that foam layer, if it bothers you. Did you try that?

I have a Mono Kontroller inbound so I will eventually have it and a StudioSlips. I will boys pictures as they get here. I should have the mono tonight. While it ended up being expensive I have other uses for either. From reading comments I have a feeling I will like the Mono as I have a Mono bag for my Helis (and a StudioSlips dust cover).

Hey, just saw your comment :)
The very light pressure does not bother me at all. There is that foam between the handle (aka the kick bar) and the body of the case. The foam helps keeping the AX8 in place, which I consider a good thing. You can try removing that foam layer, if it bothers you. Did you try that?

Nah - I really don't want to remove it. I kinda like the case as it is. Given the number of times I get out to play, I think it will work fine in a pinch. I was just curious to get your thoughts.

Thanks!
RR

Ok. Let's see if I can make this work. I got the Kontroller and it lives up to the Mono standards. I will use this. Great case. I doubt the Studioslips will top it but no matter as I can use both for various things. Let's see I can figure out pictures without attachments. Ok. Not working. Give me awhile to play and I will edit this.
6EE1BB69-49B3-4462-882A-E33B66DD436C.jpg

9641B235-C97E-491D-B4E4-2AC3F2A36E16.jpg

7667F653-A659-46B7-B887-CD2F3DA9A5B5.jpg

5750DE7D-B80B-422A-BC15-0B952553BD7A.jpg

C7321118-74C6-45D7-9CB7-5446BB1CF430.jpg

AFD13FD4-E37E-422B-9C5A-6A458B6B7B6B.jpg

Notice the pedal fits.

8EB578AD-6F2C-4DCB-84FB-5DBE967539A3.jpg

Nice zipper pouch for cables or something.

5B999033-AD2F-4E43-A069-67EB7C058C85.jpg

There is a nice padded shoulder strap also.

Last edited:
I'd like to see more open-and-play setups. I don't really like bags, and if I'm going to use a single case for it I'd rather place it, open it, plug ins and outs and be done with it.
The last couple times I had them done, but this time I'll hunt for something off the shelves if I can.

I'd like to see more open-and-play setups. I don't really like bags, and if I'm going to use a single case for it I'd rather place it, open it, plug ins and outs and be done with it.
The last couple times I had them done, but this time I'll hunt for something off the shelves if I can.

Sounds like a hard case is what you want.

Aw crap! Link don't work.
Stagg UP C688 case.
Fits my EV1 and Erie Ball Jr pedal as well.
Will have to see why link ain't working. Sorry

Stupid questions? Probably. But I would like to know a couple of things about pedal boards in cases.

1. What stops the board moving around in the case?

2. How would you attach something like the AX8 to a pedal board? I have a 640 X 460 board I made myself but can't imagine the velcro I use on pedals working for the AX8.

A good, tight fit.

Industrial-strength Velcro. Or screws.
I mean up and down rather than side to side. I assume it requires some foam padding but too much pressure could do harm and too little means jumping around in the box? Or is it not that critical?

Also, all those AX8's could be just velcro attached to the boards? If that works then that is good news.

Mine is just velcroed and I have carried my board (without case) vertically.

My case is too high, so I cut a piece of foam that I put on top of the Ax8, and then I put **candles** on top of the foam. That's a tight fit

**EDIT** - Yeah, "candles" should obviously have been "Cables" - Damn autocorrect.

Last edited:
I mean up and down rather than side to side. I assume it requires some foam padding but too much pressure could do harm and too little means jumping around in the box?
It's still all about the fit, even up and down.

Or is it not that critical?
It's only as critical as your next accident. Did you bump it into a wall going up the stairs? Maybe it doesn't matter so much. Drop it off the back of a truck? Maybe it matters.

Also, all those AX8's could be just velcro attached to the boards? If that works then that is good news.
Yes. The heavy-duty stuff. Not the stuff you kid ties his shoes with. :)

Last edited:
It's still all about the fit, wvwn up and down.

It's only as critical as your next accident. Did you bump it into a wall going up the stairs? Maybe it doesn't matter so much. Drop it off the back of a truck? Maybe it matters.

Yes. The heavy-duty stuff. Not the stuff you kid ties his shoes with. :)
Thanks. Starting to realise finding a case that suits is going to harder than I thought.

I just got my AX8 last week and after looking for a few bags I found the Case Logic PNC-218... fits great with a low profile expression pedal in it as well.... will post pics later.... oh yea $35 on Amazon too.....

I received the Studio Slips bag today. Here are the pictures I promised

6D85690F-589F-4D00-92ED-8CDC92458B57.jpg

6670F877-5E01-4A24-A9E3-D7E4346C846C.jpg

9505EA10-389C-4996-B79D-784714A72159.jpg

58CC6441-ED56-4B72-A079-D93666A42446.jpg

A65D644C-C8AD-4E5E-A7C0-856C52B6F179.jpg

775BC138-44A5-4240-A574-45F4AB0B4F53.jpg

This is better than I thought it would be based on recent comments. They make everything by hand in a home business and to quality work. This was most options. The only thing I skipped was padded pockets. I should have done this to add a little padding. It has double padding, the strap and leather bottom (I should have asked if they would do leather sides and top also) and extra padded strap. The leather adds a better padding not provided by normal padding. The strap clips are plastic. One area that makes Mono stand out is the metal clips. The fit is near perfect. The price tag on this was around $170 to $180 with all the options. It is not a bad bag. I will be using the
Using the Mono though. Here are my reasons. First is the plastic clips. I have had too many plastic clips fail. Normally it is the moveable part actually bending out so the clip does not function properly causin the bag to come off your arm. Second, I just do not think it is enough padding. The leather bottom makes that one part sufficient. I would the entire bag had padding like that it would be great but I am afraid it would really make the price skyrocket. Padded pockets would have helped but their double padding level us about the same as an insulated flannel shirt. It just is not the level I would want for an expensive device. There is not enough protection to prevent damage to the switches and display if it is hit hard there It is a very nice bag though. I am actually thinking about using it for my wireless, cables and other accessories. It would also make an awesome travel bag for a tablet and such. Pricey for that, but still a nice bag. For some I think it would be fine for the AX8. I see people list things that are no better but most of them are a better price point. Again, that's not knocking the quality of the build. I would love to work with them to create something I think everyone would like but I am not sure if the price would allow.

At $129 the Mono EFX Kontoller is my choice for bag. It offers superior padding, heavier stitching, metal clips, more accessory storage, and you can squeeze an expression pedal in.

Back
Top Bottom