Carol Ann Tucana FW 15

A simple song recorded with the new Carol Ann Tucana, all settings default, I just added a bit of delay and reverb. My favourite amp in the Axe II, lots of sustain and incredibly smooth tone. Recorded in one take, with lots of mistakes, with an old backing track I made years ago, just installed the new beta firmware and it sounds and feels so amazing I had to post a little demo. LSL Telecaster straight to Axe II.
https://soundcloud.com/xavigarci29/demo-tucana-26-5-2014

And there's me expecting yet more demoes of high gain riffage following a new amp release that bore me sh*tless......but instead I get really tasteful playing that I've listened to twice this morning so far. A lovely sounding amp, I agree. What IR did you use with it?

Goddamn! Nice tone! If that's with a tele with a single coil, I could just imagine an LP and fingers for the Knopfler tone. Beautiful, dude.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, I used Ultrares 4x12 Cali M160 IR for this recording, IIRC, but this amp sounds superb with many different IRs!

Just plugged in a Tele and tried it with stock values with a TAF_Mashbw_R121_03_Cone UltraRes and I have to say that out of all of the amps in the Axe, this is my favourite so far. I don't want to put anything else in the signal chain it's that good!! If Cliff could model the clean channel of the Tucana then I'd be well made up. SERIOUSLY good amp. And £2,600 for the head at my local music shop (say me, on my back, legs in the air, laughing away at more money saved!).

Great Clip, great playing. Its nice to hear someone post something other than a metal clip. The majority of clips posted seem to be metal and while that's fine if that's your genre it tells me nothing about how an amp sounds for every other genre.

Thunder100, the preset is just amp (everything default, be sure to reset parameters to default -double click bypass-), cab (4x12 cali m160 ultrares), delay (stereo tape, everything default, tempo matching the song), and reverb (medium plate, everything default!). There is nothing else, no post processing either. Guitar is an LSL telecaster, but any classic telecaster with vintage style pickups will do. It is a very dynamic sound, your fingers have to do the work!

Back
Top Bottom