Cant upgrade

dajart

Every time i open it is says theres newer version and do I want to download it. I hit "YES" and it downloads. I then shut down MFC Edit and go and run the new install and it says theres a new version...

like groundhog day

I've tried everything

i copied the error report and emailed to support

I wonder whats wrong? Seems so simple yet it just will not work. I see this has happened to others as well.

Thanks for any help!

I saw your ticket and I'll respond to it there. There were some problems getting the new versions uploaded to the servers over the weekend so I'll double-check that.
BTW, you should NEVER have to shut down MFC-Edit on the Mac for update. The update process should download the update and automatically install it an relaunch MFC-Edit. Same for Windows. More in your support ticket.
-G

I just updated now. got the auto notice to update to build 2491. installed and opened properly. closed MFC editor and reopened. no issue. working fine.
But had some trouble over weekend where the new version didnt download, so during weekend I just ignored the update notice. worked smooth now
Win7/64

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad its working now. I had some difficulty connecting to the update servers over the weekend so the build # and the download were out of sync. They should all be straightened out now. Just uploaded build #2495.
-G

I'm still getting hit with the update everytime I start it up but it's not a big deal, just don't bother trying to install it! ;-)

edit: OK, make a liar out of me...just tried it again and worked fine. (I had tried it several times this morning without success.

Back
Top Bottom