Can't transfer presets or banks to axe

charndt

I'm able to update the firmware on my axe fx ultra and dump the presets, banks, etc. to my computer (I have no idea if they are corrupted or not though), but I cannot transfer presets or banks from my computer to the axe. I'm running mac os 10.5.7 and using SysEx Librarian and a Lexicon Omega. The "midi in" flashes for about half a second after sysex librarian says "done," but the preset does not change. I've tried raising the "pause between playing messages" and lowering the transfer speed, but neither of these have helped. Any ideas? I'm NOT using the editor. I was under the impression that when sending files from a computer to the axe without using the editor, you simply need to send the file and the axe will know what to do (i.e. you don't have to go to some special menu in the axe).

Your impression is correct. Banks take a very long time to load, a preset should just take a few seconds.

A very odd problem. I would check your cables to be sure that something didn't come loose or go bad simce your last firmware update.

javajunkie said:
Your impression is correct. Banks take a very long time to load, a preset should just take a few seconds.

A very odd problem. I would check your cables to be sure that something didn't come loose or go bad simce your last firmware update.
EDIT: I emailed Fractal. The sysex id of the axe had to be set to 125. It was 7 before.

Yep, the presets take a few seconds and the banks take a couple minutes to transfer, though the axe does absolutely nothing after it transfers, except the following: when transferring presets, banks, or firmware, the tap tempo stops blinking (or stays lit) until sysEx librarian says the transfer is done, at which the tap tempo resumes and the midi in blinks for half a second. Is this what usually happens?

To make sure my connections are good, I re-updated the firmware this morning with no problems, ran "update all presets," and sent two patches to my computer. I really can't think of anything else to try. Is checking my connections the only thing I can do?

charndt said:
javajunkie said:

EDIT: I emailed Fractal. The sysex id of the axe had to be set to 125. It was 7 before.

Yep, the presets take a few seconds and the banks take a couple minutes to transfer, though the axe does absolutely nothing after it transfers, except the following: when transferring presets, banks, or firmware, the tap tempo stops blinking (or stays lit) until sysEx librarian says the transfer is done, at which the tap tempo resumes and the midi in blinks for half a second. Is this what usually happens?

To make sure my connections are good, I re-updated the firmware this morning with no problems, ran "update all presets," and sent two patches to my computer. I really can't think of anything else to try. Is checking my connections the only thing I can do?

Yes that is what usually happens. I would of mentioned your sysex id but you should not have been able to do a firmware update w/ it set to 7.

Back
Top Bottom