Can't hear audio in OSX after installing FW 18.07 [NOT A BUG]

Ok, here's the deal. I'm on OSX 10.10.2 (Yosemite) and running Axe Edit 3.1.9. I "JUST" upgraded from the beta version of fw 18 to 18.07. My Mac can communicate with the Axe FX II, Axe EDIT, etc. But NOTHING ELSE audio wise will play when using Axe FX II as my audio interface. I know the firmware has been installed correctly, Axe Edit works perfect and I can switch patches with my mouse no problem and hear everything fine. But when I try to go to Youtube or iTunes using Axe FX II as audio interface, I hear nothing. What the hell is going on? I'm an IT pro during the day so I know what I'm doing.....and this freaking me out big time. Everything was just fine before installing the latest firmware. Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! For now, I just reinstalled the Beta and voila, magically everything is working fine again. I'll take a look at those links. Thanks for the quick reply !!!!

Ok, I guess I should have researched this but at the same time should there not have been a major sticky/note advising of this issue? I'd assume that thousands of people will experience this immediately upon doing what I did.

Ok, now I feel like a total moron for not seeing the sticky in the other forum...I'm a nube...what can I say. Thanks VERY much for the quick reply. I will be spending lots more time in here getting up to speed. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom