Can't get external foot switch to latch...

...ok, I've messed something up and cannot for the life of me figure out what I did.

I have two expression pedals and two foot switches connected to the 4 external 'pedal' jacks. I had one of the expression pedals in #4 controlling reverb/delay...and had one of the foot switches into #2 controlling a phaser. I wanted to get the two expression pedals by each other in the order (just easier to remember when hooking everything up), so I switched #4 and #2. Went into the control menu on each effect and re-assigned them....then went into I/O menu and 'told' the AX8 what I wanted the pedals to be (momentary/latch/continuous)....

Well...the expression pedal works ok...I have to engage it twice to turn the effect off and on, but that's ok. What's driving me nuts is it doesn't matter what I do, the foot switch is now momentary instead of latching, even when I tell the AX8 to make it latch through the setup menu. I mean, it's not the end of the world, because if I hold the foot switch down the phaser works fine...but the moment I take my foot off the effect is turned off regardless of what the I/O is set to.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?

What type of cable are you using to connect the FS-7 to the AX8?
And which jack/s are you using on the foot switch?

Regular 1/4" cables...the "B" side controls turning my chorus on and off...and it works fine. I'm using the "A" side for the phaser...and it worked just fine in the #2 jack on the AX8...but now that I moved it to #4 the effect will only stay on if I keep my foot on it.

Regular 1/4" cables...the "B" side controls turning my chorus on and off...and it works fine. I'm using the "A" side for the phaser...and it worked just fine in the #2 jack on the AX8...but now that I moved it to #4 the effect will only stay on if I keep my foot on it.
You’re certain #4 isn’t set to continuous?

OK...solved...though I'm not entirely sure how or why.

Tried switching the A/B connections, same issue, only in reverse. So...

I basically disconnected every external pedal/foot switch, put them in the order than I wanted them in, then went back into the I/O menu to the 'PEDAL' tab...set them for what I needed them to be, and it STILL didn't work.

Sooo...on a wild whim I went in and re-calibrated both expression pedals, and then reset them to 'CONTINUOUS' in the menu...

And for whatever reason, after I did that, everything worked.

I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom