Can't get Arpeggiator to Work

Alex Kerezy

Inspired
Hi,
After a year.........I still CAN NOT get the arpeggiator to work with my electric violin.

I know the pitch block is working because all of the other types of fx in the Pitch Block work (Detune, Octaver, Harmony, etc.)

QUESTION: Do any of the "out of the box" presets use an Arpeggiator? [I was wondering if I could see if it works for me in that preset]

QUESTION: Does the arpeggiator produce ALL of the sounds it creates off of only the very initial input?....or.......is only the 2nd sound produced come from the initial input, and for example, the 6th sound is created off of the 5th?

This is sooOOOOoooOOOooo frustrating. I tried using NOTHING other than an input and output block and an pitch/arpeggiator block.

WHAT SOUND DO I GET? I get a sound out. It sounds a touch like a chorus, or a light chorus, where the input is modified - but it IS NOT an step by step arpeggiation.

SoooOOoOOOo --- I tried my guitar into this (Taylor 514). I get a similar result. Do distinct arpeggiation. But rather, almost like a harmony part or chorus. It's like "perhaps" (not sure) all of the notes are getting thrown together at once with the input, instead of each note firing off at the sequenced time.

I have a link to the syx file (or I'm trying to) - if that helps. I do appreciate your help. This hasn't worked forever and it's very frustrating.
http://irisicom.net/gotAxe/NoArpeggiator.syx

AxeNoArpeggiator.png
Frustrated!!

Last edited:
Calm down...

From the manual:

"Arpeggiator Run – When set to “ON,” the sequence starts. When set to “OFF,” the sequence stops and resets to the beginning. Attach the Envelope Follower to re-trigger the sequence on each new note."

Calm down...

From the manual:

"Arpeggiator Run – When set to “ON,” the sequence starts. When set to “OFF,” the sequence stops and resets to the beginning. Attach the Envelope Follower to re-trigger the sequence on each new note."

I appreciate the response. It's ON. Look at the picture (I updated the post). It's on.

Calm down...

From the manual:

By the way..... absolutely love your Hammond B3 patch. I use it quite often.

Is there ANY "out of the box" preset that uses an arpeggiator -- I can "test it out"???

1/64th at 120bpms.....how would you even know if you were hearing it?? lol

I have tried the 1/8 notes, the 1 (quarter notes), nothing
I moved the BPMs down to 90, and tried 1/8 notes, 1 (quarter notes), nothing.....

all I get is - my original input, and a very light touch of a chorusy sound

Interesting. I have never used the arpeggiator but I downloaded your preset. At first I got individual notes. Then I clicked through a few tabs on the block and then suddenly I got what you are describing. I have no idea why.

I rebooted the Axe and the individual notes came back and then they disappeared again.

Did one more test. Rebooted and turned on the stopwatch on my iphone. At about 1 min 5 seconds the individual notes disappeared.

Last edited:
Preset works fine but you have the number of repeats set to 23. Eventually it will stop (after a minute or so). Set repeats to Infinite.

No...I'm telling you it doesn't work fine on my Axe. The other user (Kroubik) also had issues. - yeah, I get it, it will only repeat 23 times, but that is not at all the issue here.

This preset is not creating separate notes from the input.

Is there anything in the setup, or possibly in the controllers that could effect or cause this?

Did you actually try setting repeats to "infinite"?

Repeats = 23 will run the sequence 23 times from the moment you recall the preset, then stop. New notes won't restart the arpeggiator unless you set this up via "run" modifier (with envelope or possibly ADSR as source).

It should stop at the first step's shift amount, a major second up. I don't know if this is the "light touch of a chorusy sound" you're describing.

Hi,
After a year.........I still CAN NOT get the arpeggiator to work with my electric violin.

I know the pitch block is working because all of the other types of fx in the Pitch Block work (Detune, Octaver, Harmony, etc.)

QUESTION: Do any of the "out of the box" presets use an Arpeggiator? [I was wondering if I could see if it works for me in that preset]

QUESTION: Does the arpeggiator produce ALL of the sounds it creates off of only the very initial input?....or.......is only the 2nd sound produced come from the initial input, and for example, the 6th sound is created off of the 5th?

This is sooOOOOoooOOOooo frustrating. I tried using NOTHING other than an input and output block and an pitch/arpeggiator block.

WHAT SOUND DO I GET? I get a sound out. It sounds a touch like a chorus, or a light chorus, where the input is modified - but it IS NOT an step by step arpeggiation.

SoooOOoOOOo --- I tried my guitar into this (Taylor 514). I get a similar result. Do distinct arpeggiation. But rather, almost like a harmony part or chorus. It's like "perhaps" (not sure) all of the notes are getting thrown together at once with the input, instead of each note firing off at the sequenced time.

I have a link to the syx file (or I'm trying to) - if that helps. I do appreciate your help. This hasn't worked forever and it's very frustrating.
http://irisicom.net/gotAxe/NoArpeggiator.syx

View attachment 83933
Frustrated!!
Based on your screenshot I'd say the Glide time is too high for 1/64 notes, try turning it to 0 or choose a larger tempo subdivision.

EDIT: oops, I've seen now that you already discussed about this

No...I'm telling you it doesn't work fine on my Axe. The other user (Kroubik) also had issues. - yeah, I get it, it will only repeat 23 times, but that is not at all the issue here.

This preset is not creating separate notes from the input.

Is there anything in the setup, or possibly in the controllers that could effect or cause this?
The other user didn't have issues. The preset did exactly what it should do, stop after about a minute because the number of repeats is finite.

Read what I wrote again, set repeats to infinite.

Back
Top Bottom