Can't get a low end thump out of a Matrix GT800FX

Emanuel

Anyone else find this problem? It just gives me the shits... I have to throw a GEQ on it and boost the low frequencies, and even then it doesn't sound organic. Apparently the GT1000FX has this sort of thump. Any tips or suggestions? Also I'm running a Marshall 4x12 with V30s

I can confirm that the GT1000 does have that thump. I've also heard before that the 800 doesn't really have it. I think it's just a common thing with the 800. That's why I decided to go with the 1000.

Just dial in a little "Dynamic Depth" on your Axe and you're there. Dialing it to 1 got me to the desired thump.

I use the proximity setting in the cab to add the amount of thump I need (I also used to use a GT800FX).

What's the rest of your rig? Guitar cab? FRFR?

I use a gt800fx and get thump for days. Make sure you have your speaker resonance dialed in.

I use port city cabs. Keep in mind, some amp models thump less than others. I find the Marshall type tones especially.

Use the GEQ in the amp sim and set it to mark (5 band) and get some low eq happening. Never hurts to turn up the depth knob as well.

I use a gt800fx and get thump for days. Make sure you have your speaker resonance dialed in.

I use port city cabs. Keep in mind, some amp models thump less than others. I find the Marshall type tones especially.

Use the GEQ in the amp sim and set it to mark (5 band) and get some low eq happening. Never hurts to turn up the depth knob as well.
Ok, I've used a filter and boosted around 140hz and it does help. I found that when I went to the dynamic tab on the amp sim, and boosted the dynamic pre amp, presence, and bass, I got AMAZING results. Safe to say I'll be just taking the axe with my cab to rehearsal rather than my axe AND Rectifier with the cab. Thanks guys!

I've got all this mad gear and can't harness it xD, jeese...

Yep, the speaker tab in the amp block is probably THE most important part of the Axe Fx when you are working with solid state amps. Thanks Yek!

Back
Top Bottom