Cant find the answer...to spillover BOOOM/SOLVED!!!

uly

I'm sure it's been addressed to death but cannot find the answer.
When switching from one scene to another, namely two different amps, one clean and one over-driven, There is a loud reverb and/or delay boom that happens on spillover.
The settings for said spillover are mute fx in on all as per the manual...
Aside that, this thing if off the hook ( coming from Kemper ) the sound, the feel, everything.
Needless to say, a little help would be great...

Thank you all

Do you have the volumes of all blocks that come after the ones that spill over and the scene volumes the same? When they are different the volume of the portion that leaks into the new scene gets changed.
You can set the volumes in blocks that come before these effects.

Welcome to the forum.

When you have a question, it REALLY helps if you give it a useful, meaningful title. "Cant find the answer…" tells us nothing. Something like "How do I fix a reverb/delay noise during spillover?" tells us a lot more, and makes it easy for others to find your question so they don't have to ask a similar one. So, it'd help if you edited your question and changed the title, mmm-kay?

We love trying to help, but, as Cliff said, include the preset when the question is about a preset. Without that we have to guess what you've done which leads to playing Twenty Questions with multiple people, and wild guesses as to a possible cause and fix, and a thread that has little real value until someone manages to find the problem. That wastes your time, and ours, as we try to help you. Instead, by giving us the preset we can all work from the same sheet of music, and it allows us to dig into the likely causes.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been addressed to death but cannot find the answer.
When switching from one scene to another, namely two different amps, one clean and one over-driven, There is a loud reverb and/or delay boom that happens on spillover.
The settings for said spillover are mute fx in on all as per the manual...
Aside that, this thing if off the hook ( coming from Kemper ) the sound, the feel, everything.
Needless to say, a little help would be great...

Thank you all
It happens to me too when for example I have a huge reverb in clean in scene 1 and a light reverb for lead in scene 3, same « boom ». I have tried the different things in the bypass mode without success . So in the end I try to don’t do that, but I m following this topic .
And …Welcome! don’t worry we are not all boring and cop like 😬😀

In my boogie, I have the same phenomenon. When the reverb is affected to all channels and when I came back to clean sound , I have a « whoooosh » coming . I ask them and they say it’s normal . So I don’t use it 😂. That’s why I don’t have spent more time about This problem in the axe . Maybe it’s complex to have a natural fade in / fade out between two different reverbs. Don’t know

All I have to say is this is a great forum ....People here are great...
Attached is the preset, blocks are lower in volume (input gain) so the opposite should be happening, spillover should be less if anything else. It is happening from the solo scene (7) to any of the clean channels (1-4) but not the other way around.
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Did I mentioned that fractal is the best?
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• _EB_TEST.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
The reverb and delay blocks are 100% wet and what changes is the input gain per preset as you don't wan t the same effect level as default for all scenes, which often is lower than the lead scene. Hope that helps

Do you have the volumes of all blocks that come after the ones that spill over and the scene volumes the same? When they are different the volume of the portion that leaks into the new scene gets changed.
You can set the volumes in blocks that come before these effects.

I'm noticing the Scene Levels on Output 1 and Output 2 are much higher on Scenes 1-4 than on Scene 7. That's likely the culprit.

Reactions: uly
That's the output to the monitors or the house, that's after the fact, the internal levels are very close.
I can't see why that would cause that but it is easy to check...I'll report shortly

Yes, that's it.
I'll have to re-adjust the amp levels accordingly...Thank you so much!!!!
Works like a charm....

Back
Top Bottom