Cannot achieve natural feedback/singing sustain with AX8 and K10

How can I get the same feedback and sustain I had with tube amps with the AX8 and K10? Tried using high volume and shut off the input noise gate but I still don't get any. Any advice?

its a great setup, natural feedback, the good one is a mix of the right amount of volume and the right amount of gain and a magic spot on the floor to get it just right.

Thats my problem, I can't get any feedback what-so-ever good or bad. With my tube amps its no problem and I've seen videos of other AX8 users getting nice feedback with FRFR speakers. For me its just sustain until the strings stop vibrating.

Where do you stand in relation to the K10? I have the best results with my FRFR monitor behind me, slightly off the floor, much like a guitar amp. Not pointing up at me like a wedge.

Also not so sure about a 10" speaker being the best for physical coupling.

It can be done. Doesn't take much to ride a nice feedback wave with my setup. Example at the end of this clip:

Where do you stand in relation to the K10? I have the best results with my FRFR monitor behind me, slightly off the floor, much like a guitar amp. Not pointing up at me like a wedge.

It can be done. Doesn't take much to ride a nice feedback wave with my setup. Example at the end of this clip:

Maybe you are onto something there... The K10 is on the floor and pointed right at me as a wedge. I would think that I would get more feedback that way... Also, maybe a 10" speaker isn't the greatest for nice feedback, i hadn't thought of that.

Thats a nice sound at the end of your clip. Thats what I'm used to and was pretty bummed thinking I couldn't do that with the AX8. What are you using for a speaker setup?

Thats a nice sound at the end of your clip. Thats what I'm used to and was pretty bummed thinking I couldn't do that with the AX8. What are you using for a speaker setup?
Thanks. EV ELX112P. I really prefer wooden enclosures even on my FRFR speakers.

I get plenty of feedback/sustain out of just about any of models and I'm using a K10 pointed at me. Go easy on the Gate or don't use it at all. Boost mods and I set most presets to cut frequencies below 100 and above 8/9k...good luck

What the heck is going on with this than? I cranked the k10 until it was shaking my house turned the gate threshold all the way down and I barely got any feedback. Some feedback, but nothing even close to singing feedback. I can't even get the tweeter squeal I've read about on these forums.

Check the input gate, and input settings in I/O. When you hit the strings hard, you should be hitting red on the input meter. Make sure you don't have too much mid range cut out in your blocks (amp/EQ/drive, etc...). If the speaker has a DSP or filters, in may be trying to cancel feedback as well.

I'd definitely check in the input gate and of course if you have a Gate block, get rid of it or disengage it.

Can't go wrong with a big more gain as well. wooooooooooooooh

No problem whatsoever getting feedback from my Duesenberg Starplayer. Actually a bit too easy, it sometimes needs to do a bit of hi-gain and I really need to dampen it and ride the volume. It being a semi-hollow helps, even though it's supersturdy and has a centerblock, my superstrat is a bit more work to get a-howling, but still get' s there easy enough.

And I'm using an 8" floor monitor (dB FM8, I think it's 100W, I use two in stereo on gigs, actually so I can turn them DOWN a bit). Play in a P&W band where we don't get to do loud much.

I'm always struggling to understand why people would have trouble getting feedback. I can hold a note for hours.
Sorry.

I do have a compressor on every preset to coax a bit more sustain out of the tone. I just set it to thicken the trail a bit. Maybe I should turn it off on the HBE preset...

So. Maybe try a semi-hollow?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom