Can you Velcro FM3 to a Pedaltrain board?

shawnfitz1222

Inspired
I noticed that the unit is elevated because of the end caps. Has anyone been able to velcro to a pedal train board? I am picking up my FM3 this week and planning ahead. If not, is there a bag that can accommodate a FM3 and a FC-6? Thanks!!

Some folks take the end caps off of the FM and FC units so they can sit flat on a pedalboard for easier attachment. Just make sure you don't block off the air vent on the bottom of the FM3 if you go that route.

Another option is to use a spacer between the bottom of the units and the pedalboard rails. Plexiglass or thin plywood seem to be common choices.

Last edited:
I have a Temple board, but I have my FM3 velcro'd to it. I did that so I can easily take it off if needed. (so far I haven't needed to though) I actually built up (4) 2"x2"squares (1/8" height) screwed to the duo to fit inside the feet of the FM3 on the pedalboard. I attached velcro to them and on the FM3. Careful to miss the air intake. Works great.

I tried it with the end caps on for a while and it didn’t hold. It’s fine if you never move your pedalboard but mine travels between studios. I took the end caps off, used 3M dual lock at the four corners and in the middle and it’s held great so far.

I used dual lock to mount on a bumblebee board. I put it on the "flat side" of the plastic feet and is working great. Not really like how the unit looks without the caps

Dual lock is the way to go -- note, however, that it's very strong so a little goes a long way. When I had pedals and a pedaltrain board I put too much dual lock on a pedal and it was very difficult to pull it off

Dual lock is the way to go -- note, however, that it's very strong so a little goes a long way. When I had pedals and a pedaltrain board I put too much dual lock on a pedal and it was very difficult to pull it off
Yep, been there, done that. Not doing that again.

Use dual lock
ALWAYS use Dual Lock.

If you have trouble getting a pedal off, well, that's the whole point isn't it? It should be difficult. But, use a flat-head screwdriver, or some similar instrument of destruction to lift the pedal off. Once one edge has lifted a tiny bit the pedal will come off easily.

Dual Lock lasts almost forever, a lot longer than Velcro, and it doesn't collect hair, grass, whatever is drifting around, nor does it tamp down. And it almost never leaves a gooey mess stuck to the rails or pedal.

Last edited:
Yes, a wide putty knife works well. More importantly, you don't need a lot of dual lock to make it work. Start with smaller pieces and test out how much you really need before just covering the entire board with it.

Yes, that is the voice of experience talking. :cool:.

Back
Top Bottom