Can you use volume pedals?

Wandering Trees said:
Can I use my Ernie Ball VP jr volume pedal (25k ohm) with the MFC101 for whammy and/or pitch? What about the Boss FV-50H?
Can't speak for the EB Vol pdl - but don't see why not. The Boss FV-50H works for Volume just fine (use insert cable, TRS end into EXPR-1 on MFC).. using it until my Mission SP-1R arrives !

You can but the curve is often very nonlinear, with most of the action happening in the last few degrees of pedal motion. Not ideal in my experience.

You can make a custom "SLOPE" curve in the axe...I use the Ernie Ball Jr.'s 6181...they work fine...no problems with the response curve.

Of course, I'm using the 25K version, I get the impression a lot of people having problems are using the 250K version?

I have my "SLOPE" set to 25.2% (DEFAULT 50%) for both the wah and the volume...seems very smooth to me...no big jumps or dead spots.

I know a lot of folks here love the Mission Engineering pedals and they look to be well made...I have just NEVER liked the feel of a Crybaby (which is what the Mission Engineering pedals seem to be modeled after). The Ernie Ball pedals have just always seemed "right" to me...perhaps it's the center pivot? I don't know? I DO like how solid they are and the large foot plate. They also stay exactly where you leave them when lifting your foot off without being hard to move...just the right amount of resistance and very smooth. If the taper felt wrong to me I would probably mod them out before I would buy another design that I don't like the feel of.

wezx said:
You can make a custom "SLOPE" curve in the axe...I use the Ernie Ball Jr.'s 6181...they work fine...no problems with the response curve.

Of course, I'm using the 25K version, I get the impression a lot of people having problems are using the 250K version?

I have my "SLOPE" set to 25.2% (DEFAULT 50%) for both the wah and the volume...seems very smooth to me...no big jumps or dead spots.

I know a lot of folks here love the Mission Engineering pedals and they look to be well made...I have just NEVER liked the feel of a Crybaby (which is what the Mission Engineering pedals seem to be modeled after). The Ernie Ball pedals have just always seemed "right" to me...perhaps it's the center pivot? I don't know? I DO like how solid they are and the large foot plate. They also stay exactly where you leave them when lifting your foot off without being hard to move...just the right amount of resistance and very smooth. If the taper felt wrong to me I would probably mod them out before I would buy another design that I don't like the feel of.

Ive tried your slope(250 k version) seems to be better but when it comes to pitch shifting(whammy) it doesnt go up to the octave?anyone?

Yeah, it sure sounds like the 250k model is problematic no matter what you try.  I've never used a 250k model...always had 25k models.  EB pedals seem to go for pretty good money on eBay...maybe you could sell yours and try another brand or a 25k model from a store that has a return policy?

wezx said:
Yeah, it sure sounds like the 250k model is problematic no matter what you try.  I've never used a 250k model...always had 25k models.  EB pedals seem to go for pretty good money on eBay...maybe you could sell yours and try another brand or a 25k model from a store that has a return policy?

I can actually try this option mate :) thanks!

wezx said:

I totally agree about the feel of the Ernie Ball pedals! Question: Do you use 2 Ernie Ball pedals with the Axefx?

My AxeFX is arriving next week and I'll be using my faithful old Ernie Ball Volume pedal with it.. I'm glad its the 25K version. Woot!

I'm actually using 3! LOL

Volume
Wah
FX (rolling on delay or other effects)

I love 'em!

Back
Top Bottom