Can you tell the difference between AXE 59 Bassguy and the real thing...

They look the same to me. But there's a lot more 'sizzle' and 'omph' in the left picture. Also, the feel is different, but it might be the image resolution fooling me. How did you capture those images? What was the camera placement? Also, let's not forget the compression here. You should have uploaded as bmp, to capture all the dynamics the Axe front panel design can offer.

They look the same to me. But there's a lot more 'sizzle' and 'omph' in the left picture. Also, the feel is different, but it might be the image resolution fooling me. How did you capture those images? What was the camera placement? Also, let's not forget the compression here. You should have uploaded as bmp, to capture all the dynamics the Axe front panel design can offer.

Captured with far field tele lens at 100 yards. Will try to do a BMP or RAW to upload that later for better reference. RAW should then be able to be converted to ÜRP (über resolution photo) in PIC LAB

Yes, the AxeFx is rectangular and 2 dimensional. Look again at the 3 dimensional Bassman. Cliff is almost there....

That's it!! A small adjustment in the Axe's depth control might just bring out that 3 dimensional quality exemplified in the Bassman sample.

I'm headed to my guitar room to noodle with this idea.

The 2 pix look identical to me as well... but the tweed on the pic on the left is in a LOT better shape than the tweed on my own original '59 Bassman.

Can someone do a "tweed match" of the one pictured, and share it with me, so I can install it on my amp?

Last edited:
I prefer the small footprint and streamlined look of the Axe FX II. The real thing appears to be heavier, yet fragile. Also, the Axe FX has a sharper edge to it.

LOL......one of the best threads ever.

The left one is a "photomatch" using the new P.E.N.I.S-Technology (Picture-Enlargement-New-Insight-System) .....you will find it on the new FW25 (will in be available in Autuum 2015

....and btw, the Broncos will get kicked again...Marty McFly told me so.....)

Back
Top Bottom