Can we please boycott "it sounds more real".

Because folks on here have been saying for years that the Axe was 95-98% there. Even going back 7 years to the Ultra days.....

Cliff even said recently enough "there is no difference between the G3'd amp models & the real tube amps".

Now we have Quantum.........are we 10-20% realer than tube amps now? lol

"Sound" is really a misnomer. Music is more than sound. It involves perception at a level where hearing and responding belong in the same chain somehow. So, when you add in this response factor, you can see why '98% there' can now seem like 70%, even 40%, I don't recall anyone saying that owning an Axe FX is undetectably the same as owning another piece of gear, cuz reproducing feel involves so, so many factors. However....the new firmware is experienced, commonly by the look of it, as reacting a bit more close to EXACTLY like certain experiences; These give a great FEELING; whatever the hell they are. I am not qualified to say what they are, except in my estimation the "feeling" of low end harmonics and break up is really similar to memories of being inspired by plugging into a friends quality gear for the first time. It IS like a bounce. That really hit it on its head. Like harmonics bouncing gracefully on a trampoline. The fun factor is improved. Please don't expect our right brain quantifying of a left brain experience to be literal. That is if the brain is modeled 100% exactly by now. Maybe there is also a "dark side" to it. (There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact its all dark).

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I've never said how close it is to the real thing because really how the }<?€* would I know what it feels like to play through any of these amps. I've only ever heard them on CD or MP3, and of all my friends I'm the only one that even knows how to play guitar so sure as shit none of them are ever going to say oh yeah that's an AC-30. Brian May and so on and so forth. The only reference I have is various rig rundowns and you fuckers :)

I think what the OP fails to realize is that the phrase "more real" in regards to the Axe Fx means "I can't explain it, but it somehow sounds better to me than it did before."

The same logic can be applied to various things..changing tubes on an amp, eating organic foods..etc. No my organic apple doesn't taste "more real" but it's somehow better in a way that I percieve as being more authentic than the non-organic one.

This is a really dumb thread btw.. :roll

OMGOMGOMGOMGQUANTUMSOUNDSSOMUCHBETTERITHASTOBECAUSEITSCALLEDQUANTUMANDYOUKNOWSCIENCE!!!

Also, have a demonic duck:

a6ea4025c57996b5a5facf9921d9b662.jpg

Last edited:
Those most 'guilty' of the 'real' and 'realer' descriptors are not Fractal owners. Add a bit of perspective to it youself and realize you are being prodded by people quite often for no reason other than the fact that they can get people emotionally reactive.

Those most 'guilty' of the 'real' and 'realer' descriptors are not Fractal owners.

Just not true.........there are & have been more than enough folks on here that get a tinkle down their leg & overly gush like school girls over every update!

Like I said earlier in this thread, some on here have said many years ago that the Ultra was already pretty much there with tube amps........think of all the FW updates since then that have been getting "realer"!

You don't expect many people to roll their eyes & make fun about this? Come on now........

After entering this thread, I began to wonder if someone had tampered with my account and transported it to another reality.

No don't boycott this thread!!!! I think this thread sounds more real than some other threads I've read before in my life.

Back
Top Bottom