Can we please boycott "it sounds more real".

It's like saying boycott Ferrari because each car is faster than the previous model.
Just because you say the newer one is "faster than before", doesn't mean the previous one was not "fast".

To imagine what FAS does with a bunch of zeros and ones is even for an old IT guy, just amazing.

For me is real, when i get lost while i'm playing my guitar.

This firmware does this instandly, thx for giving me real fun.

This is why I'd love a troubleshooting section of the forum where we just get to the questions and tasks and leave all discussion and opinion out of it.

i hear that. i appreciate that you always seem to be level-headed in most discussions.

it just sucks that whenever someone wants to be excited for something, they are immediately labeled a fan-boy and lose all credibility. some of us are straight shooters. if it sounds better, then we say we think it sounds better. if something sounds wrong, we question it. you have to admit though, many times when there is a "problem" with the Axe, it comes down to user error, misunderstanding of a function, and yes, sometimes even something too advanced for the person to understand.

because of that, when there is an actual error or problem, sometimes it takes a bit more investigation to verify, and once that happens, it's usually fixed right away.

[warning - possible fanboy statement incoming]

at this point, i can't imagine anyone NOT using their Axe with the latest QFW 1.00. it is clearly better in tone and feel in almost every way. don't want to say "more real" or "even closer to the real thing"? no problem. don't say it.

but this firmware feels realer than ever :)

Cheers.
Yes, really looking forward to giving it a go.
I get enough grief off my old Bradshaw rack buddies for going the Axe route but i am glad I made the change and I don't miss my old Bradshaw systems at all. The Axe has made my gigs so much easier. The only thing left from my old Bradshaw stuff is my Mesa 295 power amp.
I have kept all my amps just because I have a large enough space in my live room to have them permanently setup and marked up for my favourite sounds. Things like my 68 small box Plexi will always appreciate in value and it sounds great too :)
Saying that, now I have a bit of time on my hands, I fully intend to match all my sounds up and try and just use the axe for my next recordings. I have said this in the past but never seem to have the time to get it done.
I think everyone appreciates what you do on here Chris. I have learned a lot about the unit from reading your posts. I have used rack systems live and in the studio since 1988. It was all Bradshaw based switching since 91. I like the way the Axe is just like working with my old systems except I now treat each block like a 'space' in the Bradshaw system but I can now have a different layout for every preset. The matrix thing is easy to use coming from having a couple of G-Force units over the years. As guitarists, we have never had it so good.

2 points..........I totally "disagree" with the op's original post here....and also do not feel we need a separate "troubleshooting forum" Problem is this thread should have been moved to the lounge at the very beginning.

The majority of the forum is for "troubleshooting issues". The lounge is like a coffeehouse and it should stay that way.

Maybe it's just me, but if I were NEW here, like a week or 2, I don't thing I would be posting about banning a phrase that has been used here in different forms since at least 2009 that I know of.

why? People understand, so what the heck is the big deal how it's stated.

Saying "it sounds real" or "it sounds more real" tells me very little. I've always appreciated comments like "the thump on the low strings sounds closer to the amp I used to have", "the clarity has improved" or "it's easier to dial in a tone that sits well in a mix". Those comments tell me much more.

A different issue arises when the phrase "it sounds 100% real now" is used with one upgrade and on the next upgrade it's said to be "even more real". If it was 100% real before how can it possibly be "more real"? That's fun as an inside joke but it becomes a credibility issue with those outside the AxeFX community.

Truth is, some aspect wasn't 100% real before, and the latest upgrade improved upon that. Which brings me back to my first point. There's a lot of value in talking about the specific attribute that improved.

Terry.

Saying "it sounds real" or "it sounds more real" tells me very little.

of course specifics are better.

but doesn't that phrase at least give you some indication that it's noticeably better? i doubt anyone would say those words specifically if it didn't make them feel that way.

meh. this whole thing is silly :)

of course specifics are better.

but doesn't that phrase at least give you some indication that it's noticeably better? i doubt anyone would say those words specifically if it didn't make them feel that way.

I agree with that Chris. We'd probably be just fine if we didn't have "100% real" in our history & forum culture.

Terry.

But it sounds MORE real. - Nigel Tuffnel

Seriously though, why does anyone care what words are used as long as it sounds good when you update your Axe.

I can NOT legitimately describe to anyone in terms I know will definitively express how great the current firmware (whatever we are on at the time) sounds to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom