Can this be done with Axe-Fx as audio interface?

rthom1874

Hi
Having trouble understanding the routing capabilities of my Axe Fx 3 in Studio One 4 pro. It would take me a month to type out my question {having only one finger on each hand } so I have provided the URL below to aid me in asking the question....... Can this be done using the Axe FX 3 as my audio interface?

I have external hardware I would like to use in this way but not sure how to go about doing this.
Thanks for your help

the video started at a certain time. i don't see anything relevant to the discussion at that moment?

how would I do that ?
just confirming that's what you're asking first. that's what you're asking right?

i'd think you'd use Computer outputs USB 5+6 into the Axe, then USB Inputs 1+2 out of the Axe into the DAW. this should send the computer audio from the computer to the Axe Layout Grid, run through whatever blocks, then out back to the computer.

you could also probably use Computer outputs 7+8 and insert the InUSB block onto the Axe Layout grid.

be sure only the audio you want processed is on the computer output, and not the whole track if you don't want the whole track running through it.

from the manual:

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 4.44.57 PM.png

Thanks Chris I will try that. sorry i couldnt answer your question i didnt understand it... I was hoping someone could explain what was going on in the video.

What do you want to achieve?
Route a DAW track through the Axe-FX effects?
Route a DAW track through an analog effect connected to the Axe-FX auxiliar Ins/Outs?
Both things are possible

Hi Piing
maybe this video can explain it better .
can the axe 3 be used as the audio interface in this way if so how do i set up my routing to achieve this.

So, are you using PreSouns Studio One, and you want to set Pipeline XT as it is explained on that video?

I am not familiar with neither PreSouns Studio One or Pipeline XT. I use Cakewalk. Have you followed the steps on that video? What is not working?

Can Pipeline XT be routed to external hardware or is it only for VST?

Back
Top Bottom