Can The Axe FX 3 do this? what can't it do?

How many pitch shift blocks can The AX FX 3 run on one preset. people on facebook say only two. they say its not like the helix where you can add whatever blocks you want until you run out of DSP. I found this shocking as the Helix does not work for me ether. Not for this anyway? what is the true limitation? how many pitch shift blocks can one preset hold. thanks? how about with the AX FX ultra, can that one do any more? Thanks for the info guys. I know the AX FX is probably the best multi effects processor if there is a best, I just want to know how many pitch shift blocks it can run on one preset.

Out of curiosity, it would be interesting to listen to a sample similar to the kind of sound you are after, or the music you are making. Could you share some details?

Plus the ring mod

Is there any other unit with this much pitch shifting ability? 🤔

The ring mod isn’t really a pitch shifter. It can do an octave but no other fixed intervals as far as I know.

Two pitch shifter blocks is usually enough. The FM9 only has one. That is really limiting. But two should do it.

Has it been mentioned the pitch block is up to 4 voices of intelligent harmony?
2 pitch blocks will give you 8.

Must you play ALL 12 NOTES at once? I cant imagine a single musical situation where that’ll sound very good.

I guess you cant really hit a wrong note if you’re always playing ALL the notes.

Has it been mentioned the pitch block is up to 4 voices of intelligent harmony?
2 pitch blocks will give you 8.

Must you play ALL 12 NOTES at once? I cant imagine a single musical situation where that’ll sound very good.

I guess you cant really hit a wrong note if you’re always playing ALL the notes.

Not to forget that with 4 voices you can still have harmony and detune in a single block.

Dude comes in, posts one question about the Axe's "limitations" then disappears into the sunset....

🤔🤔🤔

That happens quite often. He's obviously not a Helix paladin, because he says that it doesn't work for him either, so he's probably advocating for another cause :D

And that list isn't even up to date. For example, it shows 5 types of Multi Delay; I count 27 on my Axe. There's 17 Choruses, not 14, 16 Flangers, not 8. That's without checking each one.
I sent Piccone a PM about this, but he never responded.
these aren't really different types per se, but different present settings that make use of the available types.

Hold on! I have a thread where I am wishing six instances of the Pitch Block, and six instances of other blocks like Synth, Vol/Pan, IR Player, Drive... :p:p

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...blocks-for-hex-processing.163063/post-1989778

However, I explain my purpose: to process the six strings separately. And I even provide a sample of what I am searching for.

Let's be patient with the OP. He surely has a plan, but he is shy to explain it.

Last edited:
Hold on! I have a thread where I am wishing six instances of the Pitch Block, and six instances of other blocks like Synth, Vol/Pan, IR Player, Drive... :p:p

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...blocks-for-hex-processing.163063/post-1989778

However, I explain my purpose: to process the six strings separately. And I even provide a sample of what I am searching for.

Let's be patient with the OP. He surely has a plan, but he is shy to explain it.
yes something like this would let me play monuments lmao !

I leave one at the front of the chain to use like a Digitech Drop tune and one after that mapped to my spring loaded expression pedal for a whammy. I used to use a Digitech Whammy DT that had both of these in one box but the axe does it better.

I have been experimenting with this too lately. One pitch block in the beginning of the chain before the drive has a harmony setting and one pitch block second in the chain I use as a Whammy. So yes I need two pitch blocks. That’s actually the one thing what keeps me from ordering a FM9; it only has one pitch block which is limiting.

Back
Top Bottom