Can someone recommend me a rack case

Denis

Inspired
Hi everyone, I about to buy a case to fit my axe ii and latter a furman power conditioner.Can someone recommend me a case that will fit those two units ?

If you are into hard cases audiopile.net has ewi cases, that are really affordable.
example here is a 3 space rack 16" depth. $105 bucks dirt cheap.
R3UE-16 Rack Case

I have a 4space rack, but since, I got the matrix it's time to go up again.

+1 on the Gator case (I have a 2U for my AXII, It pugs into a separate 6U for my PA, or another rack for studio). The Furman and perhaps a G90 receiver would fill that 4U well (my G90 is in the PA rack).

I like that the Gator is a bit less slippery than the SKB version of the same case (I have a 16 channel mixer that sits on the PA Gator case..)

41m1FyHQQIL._AA300_.jpg

Other case types may have some advantage, the flight cases have flat surfaces so may be better for stacking non-cased gear (mixer in my situation). CCROYALSENDERS (cory) has such a case (as an example). It uses foam strips for suspension vs. more traditional corner shock absorbers. The Gator and SKB do not really have any shock isolation. A flight case (i.e. one that you would risk with ramp rats as checked baggage) should have some form of shock isolation.

4%20U%20CASE.jpg

I think those are your two 'families' of rack case options... either works...

One thing is to make sure that the case is a deep version as the AXFXII is deep and you will want to protect any plugs/cables that stay connected (power, etc.)

Hope that helps..

Another option if you routinely take your laptop along would be the SKB Studio Flyer (SKB Studio Flyer 4U | Sweetwater.com). A little pricy - but one I want to check out since I would likely also be transporting my MacBook Pro and looks like a nice single case solution. +1 for the EWI cases from Audiopile as well, great prices and good quality products.

I bought a Roadrunner 4 space rack case that's nice, but as has been mentioned earlier you need to pay attention to the depth. The AxeFx wants at least 18" if you want to be able to set it down face up without breaking some rear jacks. I didn't check that and ended up with a case I have to be very careful with.

Back
Top Bottom