Can I still have a Volume Pedal If I've set up a global Boost?

Paulg2uk

Power User
Hey Guys,

So I've created a global boost using Matman's method (See Below) I just wanted to know if I've set the global boost up and wanted to add a Mission EP-1 to control the volume can I still do this? If so what's the best way?

Thanks Paul

From Matman:

Hi guys. I set up a GLOBAL boost which works for all presets. Here's how:

Set an IA SWITCH to "NONE"
Set its CC# to that of OUT1 VOLUME
Set the OFF value to "111" (the unboosted level)
Set the ON value to "127" (the boosted level)

Voila. Instant global boost.

You can in fact set up more than one pedal in this way by using SWITCH LINKS, which gives you two boost levels. Just set the 2nd IA to, say, 111 and 119.

I haven't measured the correlation between the 0-127 values and dB, but this would be easy enough to do I think.

PS: ONLY WORKS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN EXPRESSION PEDAL ON OUTPUT1 VOLUME! I happen to like using mine on INPUT VOLUME, which gives varying gain as the pedal is pushed (like an analog volume pedal would do in front of an amp).

Like bakerman said, you need to add a vol/pan block somewhere in the active row and assign a controller to the volume parameter. Since you are using IA switches for output 1, you can't also use an expression pedal for output volume 1. That's what the PS means.

You can also assign the expression pedal to the Input Volume. I prefer using the vol/pan block though.

Thanks guys for the comments. So would I be better off in changing the global boost to a filter block IA and boosting that way? At least then I can use the volume pedal globally?

Thanks

Paul

maybe, but then it's not a "global boost" i guess. i have a filter block and volume block in each of my presets and i prefer to have it that way, although the global boost is very interesting to me and i might try that.

for volume though, i have to use a vol block because i want to fade out the volume and still have the delay and reverb trails going. set to global, everything turns down and that's not what i want.

Back
Top Bottom