Can I Morph Amp X into Amp Y Via an Expression Pedal?

dank

Inspired
I would like to go from a clean preset into an overdriven preset (two different amps within the same preset) via one of my expression pedals. Can it be done?

Thank you.

Dan

I would like to go from a clean preset into an overdriven preset (two different amps within the same preset) via one of my expression pedals. Can it be done?

Thank you.

Dan

Not with X/Y but yes with amp 1 and 2
A mixer block in front of the amps will do it. There are a ton of other ways too.

yes you can... and by a variety of ways too..

you can either:
set a modifier on the level control of both amps and have them work in opposite directions [so as one rises the other falls]
or
send them both into a mixer block and set up the same thing with the gain faders [so as one fader rises the other falls]

this though is not really 'morphing' the tone, it's cross-fading
although cross-fading is the simplest / quickest / easiest to set up it's not as natural sounding as morphing the tone itself in a single amp..
this is because your dirty tone retains the same amount of gain and simply gets softer as it's replaced by the clean tone
morphing in a single amp sounds far more natural because you are actually cleaning a dirty tone, but it's setup is a bit more involved and more time consuming..
that said.. I think the effort is well worth it because the outcome is more natural, plus you have nice usable tones when the XP is at it's mid-point [as opposed to simply being at heel or toe down positions]

From the wiki:
Or morph between them using an expression pedal: add a Mixer block, input both signal chains into it, use the modifier menu to go from 0-100% on one amp and 100-0% on the other, adjust the curve responses for a smooth crossfade.

Back
Top Bottom