Can AxeFx Presets....

Davus PG

Inspired
Be used with the FX8, but just the pre and post blocks?

I don't have an AxeFX, but it seems there are hundreds of fantastic presets out there. I know that they would need tweaking, but if the effects blocks of presets could be loaded into the FX8 it would be a brilliant starting place to achieve a lot of sounds.

Is this a possibility for us new FX8 owners?

What do you mean for "blocks"? So I can not download one single .syx file from Axe to Fx8??

No, you cannot. Someone who has an Axe FX would have to export the blocks from their preset and they you could upload them to the FX8. You would also probably want a screenshot of the signal flow so you could see how the blocks were arranged.
-
Austin

No, you cannot. Someone who has an Axe FX would have to export the blocks from their preset and they you could upload them to the FX8. You would also probably want a screenshot of the signal flow so you could see how the blocks were arranged.
-
Austin
Thanks for your reply, Austin. I tried to program a patch in the Fx8 following exactly all the parameters of a patch created with an Axe Fx, but does not work at all. It seems that the parameters are not working in the same way...thius really upset me, because there is a bunch of sounds that I have heard in the Axe Fx area that I would like to upload, and it's simply incredible that the two devices are not compatible. Unbelievable. What's your opinion about?

Thanks for your reply, Austin. I tried to program a patch in the Fx8 following exactly all the parameters of a patch created with an Axe Fx, but does not work at all. It seems that the parameters are not working in the same way...thius really upset me, because there is a bunch of sounds that I have heard in the Axe Fx area that I would like to upload, and it's simply incredible that the two devices are not compatible. Unbelievable. What's your opinion about?

Not unbelievable at all to me. If there's a preset you're interested in, post it in the Axe FX II Preset Exchange subforum and ask if someone there will export it into blocks and take a screenshot of the layout for you. If someone's feeling helpful and has time on there hands, there you go. I've done it for the AX8 (in the AX8 preset exchange section) and gotten good results. Keep in mind that the rack units have alot more horsepower than the floor units, so it's possible you won't be able to exactly replicate the effects change of a preset from a rack unit.
-
Austin

...it's simply incredible that the two devices are not compatible. Unbelievable. What's your opinion about?
Wow. A total of seven forum posts on your account. All within the space af 40 minutes. All asking the same question.

I get that you wish that Axe-Fx presets would work on the FX8. But that can't happen. The core of the Axe-Fx is its amp modeling. But the FX8 has no amp modeling. There's no way that Axe-Fx presets would even make sense on an FX8.

But you can set up effects blocks in the FX8 that match effects blocks in the Axe-Fx. If you enter the parameters correctly and connect the blocks correctly—and if you correctly connect an appropriate guitar amp—then you can get very similar tones.

it's simply incredible that the two devices are not compatible. Unbelievable. What's your opinion about?

It's never been announced that the FX8 would be preset-compatible with the Axe-Fx.

I tried to program a patch in the Fx8 following exactly all the parameters of a patch created with an Axe Fx, but does not work at all. It seems that the parameters are not working in the same way...
That's really strange. What block type are you talking about?

it's simply incredible that the two devices are not compatible. Unbelievable. What's your opinion about?
the Axe-Fx has a 12x4 grid for block placement. how could the FX8 determine where to put the blocks on its 8 slot design? what if there are more than 8 effects? which blocks should it choose? the design of the devices are totally different.

That's really strange. What block type are you talking about?

the Axe-Fx has a 12x4 grid for block placement. how could the FX8 determine where to put the blocks on its 8 slot design? what if there are more than 8 effects? which blocks should it choose? the design of the devices are totally different.
It can't.. But someone suggested a utility that just strips blocks from a preset, then you have a set of block files, some of which will work in the FX8, some will not. Some will work in AX8, some will not. It would open up a lot of wicked blocks to users, though would have no routing information available. I could live with that. I could also program it, if I knew a preset's data structure.

I for one would love a program that let me strip blocks out of an AFX preset. Certainly it wouldn't be tooo hard to filter the stripped blocks so that only FX8 compatible ones were created... but you know... there's probably more than one AXEFX user that would like this as well...

+1
I appreciate this would only give us some of the picture for Axe FX presets but it would also be a great spring board for us to create presets of our own.

+1
I appreciate this would only give us some of the picture for Axe FX presets but it would also be a great spring board for us to create presets of our own.

Again, not getting much traction ... but I'd be willing to do the actual programming, but not without some details of the preset/block data structures.

Back
Top Bottom