Can AXE FXII do this? Hook up to computer and FRFR at same time?

JohnRaptor

Inspired
I have my new Axe FXII hooked up like this.....

USB into computer and powered monitors into my Axe FX.

Currently I use it mostly for recording but I was thinking of getting a nice FRFR setup as well to rock out with some volume.

What I was wondering is, if I got a power amp and an Atomic wedge can I hook that setup to my Axe at the same time as being hooked up to my computer or do I have to unhook it from my computer everytime I want to run it with the FRFR setup? Forgive me if this is a bsic question. Im slowly learning all this stuff. The AxeFII is the single best piece of music equipment I have ever bought and I've been playing guitar for over 20 years.

Thanks for any help!

I have my new Axe FXII hooked up like this.....

USB into computer and powered monitors into my Axe FX.

Currently I use it mostly for recording but I was thinking of getting a nice FRFR setup as well to rock out with some volume.

What I was wondering is, if I got a power amp and an Atomic wedge can I hook that setup to my Axe at the same time as being hooked up to my computer or do I have to unhook it from my computer everytime I want to run it with the FRFR setup? Forgive me if this is a bsic question. Im slowly learning all this stuff. The AxeFII is the single best piece of music equipment I have ever bought and I've been playing guitar for over 20 years.

Thanks for any help!

John, I have my powered monitors and my tm60 (SS amp ) hooked up to output one and output two. My USB is connected to my computer playing backing tracks thru output one by default, very cool. You can copy output one to output two, in the io pages ( but backtracks play thru output one only ) or you can set up an "fx loop block" which defaults that row to output two. See pg 22 of the manual. I am not in front of my axe right now, but with the second method, you can individualize your EQ for each output.
Hope that helps. I am new as well with the axe , so hopefully I explained this correctly.

- I/O menu: COPY OUT1 to OUT2
- hook up (as you did) the studio monitors to OUT1
- connect the FRFR Wedge (or whatever you have ... ) to OUT2

Volumes can be setup separately with the frontpanel knobs....

I forgot to mention, if you choose to use the second method I mentioned ( inserting an FX Loop Block on one row and having another row independent ) you need to turn off "copy out 1 to out 2 "

again, this method is great for me because my Powered Monitors need a different EQ and settings than my TM60.

Back
Top Bottom