Can Anyone Recommend A Good Neutral Mic?

Thomas-Hawk

Power User
I know the Earthworks TC-30 is a great neutral mic, but I don't have the fundage for something like that.

Are any of the the $100 and under "reference" condenser mics any good? Like the Behringer ECM8000, Dayton Audio EMM-6, DBX Driverack RTA, etc.?

I plan to use it to create "flat" IRs of my guitar speaker cabs, close mic'd. I might also try to create some far field IRs as well, but the primary purpose will be for close mic'ing.

Thanks guys!
Tom

Mic wise you get what you pay for. If you don't have the money for it now, just save and buy later. The only good mic's I have found in that price range that are good are sm57's and 58's.

Just remember; buy right, buy once.

Mic wise you get what you pay for. If you don't have the money for it now, just save and buy later. The only good mic's I have found in that price range that are good are sm57's and 58's.

Just remember; buy right, buy once.

Yeah, I've got an SM57, and the IRs I've shot with it sound good, but of course they have the frequency response of the 57 baked into the IR. This is why I'd like to give a neutral, flat mic a try.

Back
Top Bottom