Camiño del Norte

Ok, another small story. Every day generates several.

For the last few days, I’ve been running out of money/euros/cash. It’s fairly rural where I am and no ATMs.

I gave some cash away to those in need… (This is not every day behavior for me.)

Honestly, I got down to my last five euros which allowed me to buy a bottle of water, coffee later and my last $2 for more water.

Now I’m out of money, other than visa which can be a pain in the ass sometimes… (You must spend $10 bucks min to use a card, which a lot of coffee.)

But I don’t care because I know it’ll be fine. Just another test.

It’s the end of the day here, that means it’s time to serve dinner (8:00 pm), and I pay the bill but find $150 I’d stashed away well over a week ago and forgot. lol 😂

Now I can buy groceries and coffee and water tomorrow morning, which is huge.

Oh, Cachapo for dinner.

🙏❤️🙏

Last edited:
wondering....how many days will it have taken you to complete the pilgrimage? would also love to know how you prepped for it.

youre getting me hooked on the idea!

wondering....how many days will it have taken you to complete the pilgrimage? would also love to know how you prepped for it.

youre getting me hooked on the idea!

There are many different Caminos… Apparently I picked the hardest one. I did a short version (2 weeks) out of Portugal last year.

I live in the Pacific Northwest United States. I flew to Spain and started walking in Irun. I have roughly 37-38 days to complete the 800K to Santiago, with some fly dates around that.

I started walking 6 to 8 miles three times a week in January. I live in a hilly area. It’s much steeper here. 😂

I started carrying about 18-25 pounds in February. Water is heavy.

I have some definite opinions about gear now that I didn’t when I started.

Last edited:
But Irún is not France, it’s is Spain (yet). There are actually many Camino de Santiago, and very likely he is not actually buried there :)

Headed into Galicia soon … small funny story…

Breakfast is generally cold cuts, bread and coffee/juice. Prepared eggs to order is rare.

The other morning, I asked for eggs and was directed to the cold hard boiled eggs in a bowl. 😢

But two days in a row now, I’ve had fresh eggs made to order! 😁

It’s the small things … 😆

Beautiful shots. You must be humping some serious photography gear with you. At least one of those pics couldn’t have been made without a bellows.

Beautiful shots. You must be humping some serious photography gear with you. At least one of those pics couldn’t have been made without a bellows.

All iPhone 14 … remarkable - I believe it’s the investment they make in software every year

Although I’ve carried a drone for a month that I’ve only used twice. Probably an extra 4 pounds of crap I don’t need. And the scenery is absolutely perfect for drones, but I just don’t have the time to take a half hour and fly. That’s 2-3k.

I’ve shot a lot of video, but that’ll be for later.

IMG_4163.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom