Calling all Ownhammer experts, which IR will get me in this ballpark?

stm113

Power User
Ok, as the subject says this is a question for people who use the Ownhammer IR's. This is an example of the overall tonality I am looking for. I know a YouTube video isn't the best example but it gives an idea. The amp used on the recording was a Bogner Shiva. This came from a conversation the guitarist and I had. What I like about the tone is the open top end bite with out being fizzy. That is one thing I seem to wrestle with in IR's that the top end is either too dull, lifeless, constrained or the opposite and it's too fizzy. So what Ownhammer IR would you guys suggest I buy to get me in the "ballpark "?

I want to use Ownhammer IR's for 2 reasons.1-The undeniable quality of them and 2-They come in .wav format so I can myself convert and use in my A2 or I can plug them into my DAW which I like to do since reamping isn't working well in my set up.

Thank you guys for your help!

...but cab pack 17 has the Bogner Shiva cab in it already. And it's purrrrrrrrrrfect.
Did you try it and not like it? ---no, that's just ridiculous. How dare I ask such a silly question.

I would say the Bogner 4x12, either just the V30, or the V30+T75 OH1 or OH1F mixes would get you there (probably in the 03-07 range). It's an outstanding cabinet that works great with a ton of different amps.

The second clip had a little more midrange grind to it, so the Orange came to mind for that one. Both of those cabs are really great, so you can't go wrong with either. Here's a little clip I did to showcase the Orange. I need to make one for the Bogner as well, but this should give you an idea of what the Orange sounds like.

I hope this helps. :)

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...gh-ownhammer-412-orng-v30-h75-and-m25.106709/

...but cab pack 17 has the Bogner Shiva cab in it already. And it's purrrrrrrrrrfect.
Did you try it and not like it? ---no, that's just ridiculous. How dare I ask such a silly question.
I Didn't try the Cab Pack 17, I am sure its awesome but I am more interested in packs that come in .wav for so I can also use in my DAW.
I would say the Bogner 4x12, either just the V30, or the V30+T75 OH1 or OH1F mixes would get you there (probably in the 03-07 range). It's an outstanding cabinet that works great with a ton of different amps.

The second clip had a little more midrange grind to it, so the Orange came to mind for that one. Both of those cabs are really great, so you can't go wrong with either. Here's a little clip I did to showcase the Orange. I need to make one for the Bogner as well, but this should give you an idea of what the Orange sounds like.

I hope this helps. :)

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...gh-ownhammer-412-orng-v30-h75-and-m25.106709/

Thanks for your help, would it be safe to say that the Bogner 4X12 sonically sit in that between Marshall and Mesa space? Your and Jon's demos sound awesome and I am leaning in that direction, the Orange is awesome too but not sure if it will end up being a bit too boomy or dense in the low end if that makes any sense.

Of course going with the Bogner I must then decide if I want to start with the 75/30 or the EVH. I am really looking for just 1 utility type cab that will work for this project I have coming up... decisions, decisions...

I Didn't try the Cab Pack 17, I am sure its awesome but I am more interested in packs that come in .wav for so I can also use in my DAW.

Thanks for your help, would it be safe to say that the Bogner 4X12 sonically sit in that between Marshall and Mesa space? Your and Jon's demos sound awesome and I am leaning in that direction, the Orange is awesome too but not sure if it will end up being a bit too boomy or dense in the low end if that makes any sense.

Of course going with the Bogner I must then decide if I want to start with the 75/30 or the EVH. I am really looking for just 1 utility type cab that will work for this project I have coming up... decisions, decisions...

I'd say the Bogner is a great middle ground between the Mesa and Marshall. The V30 in the V30/T75 library would be my recommendation to get you closest to those tones in the clips. I'd love to hear how it works out for you. :) Which amp model do you tend to use?

Lately I've been using the 5153 Red, Mark IV models and the HBE. For this project the ideas mostly came from me singing a riff into my phone then later trying to figure out what in the world was I thinking. That resulted in about 25 or so riffs I demoed out for the guys. I purposefully used a different model for each riff just to try some new models out. Found some that pleasantly surprised me so who knows....

About the 5153 Red, I love it but I am having a time trying to tame that honk in the mids.

In my cover band I set up banks for each genre using models that suit what were doing. In those I use the 1987 Treble (classic rock) HBE (hair metal) Mark IV (LA Session sound) 5150 block (all purpose) and Recto 1 (modern rock) my cleans are usually either the Shiver Clean or JC120 and most lead patches are Bogfish Strato. I just feels right cranking out Boys Are Back In Town with a 1960 Tribute LP into a Marshall, or Rockin Some Three Days Grace into a Recto.

Sorry for the over abundance of info... I can talk Axe Fx all day long!

Back
Top Bottom