Calling all Funksters ! !

your rhythm tone sounded ok in the mix to me.. it was just when you solo'd that it got a little lost.. it just means that the preset / scene you use for soloing needs a little boost.. if your monitoring is just your wedge and it's pointing at you I'm guessing that you are also playing through the FoH yes??

Yea. I mostly rely on FOH to jack up the solos beyond the 4 db boost I kick in.

hmmm… try not to rely on the FoH guy for anything…
rely only on you and your config..

try jacking up to 6dB and pay close attention to your EQ just in case this isn't helping you cut through
my solo tones have the extreme lows and extreme highs cut a little so the mids [in a broader sense]
this is so you can punch through without the extreme ends of your EQ becoming overpowering

hmmm… try not to rely on the FoH guy for anything…
rely only on you and your config..

try jacking up to 6dB and pay close attention to your EQ just in case this isn't helping you cut through
my solo tones have the extreme lows and extreme highs cut a little so the mids [in a broader sense]
this is so you can punch through without the extreme ends of your EQ becoming overpowering

Thanks man! I'll mod my filter block I use for solo boosts and try that out!

if you trade your filter with a GEQ, you'll be able to add the level, and knock a few dB off the extreme hi's and lo's in one swoop..
set it to mute: thru, so it's out during your 'rhythm scene', and kick it in for your 'soloing scene'

Back
Top Bottom